cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG X570 E-Gaming fan2 issue

Spooner72
Level 7
Hello there.
I have a problem with my fan2 control. I am on BIOS 1405 and out of the blue fan2 is no longer correctly recognised in Fanexpert and runs on full RPM1600.
When I enter the BIOS it is recognised correctly and behaves according the BIOS fancurve. When Windows starts up, the fan suddenly goes to max and stays there:mad:.
Sometimes while playing Xplane 11 it will suddenly slow down to normal levels after an hour or so...
Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6

Spooner72
Level 7
Hello, still no-one with a possible solution?:(

DC or PWM fans, lack of information?

There might be a faulty fan sensor or software conflict between Fan Xpert and Windows 10.

Personally, I do not use Fan Xpert, but use personal BIOS manual fan settings. Because Fan Xpert is software driven and with all the Windows 10 cumulative updates, being forcefully pushed down there is bound to be Fan Xpert software conflicts with Windows 10 software cumulative updates (files over written or deleted).

Did you try reinstalling Fan Xpert?

pndiode wrote:
DC or PWM fans, lack of information?

There might be a faulty fan sensor or software conflict between Fan Xpert and Windows 10.

Personally, I do not use Fan Xpert, but use personal BIOS manual fan settings. Because Fan Xpert is software driven and with all the Windows 10 cumulative updates, being forcefully pushed down there is bound to be Fan Xpert software conflicts with Windows 10 software cumulative updates (files over written or deleted).

Did you try reinstalling Fan Xpert?

It's a bequiet PWN fan. Ran without any problems until recently. Board detects it properly. Only starts spinning out of control when windows has completed its start up. I also suspect a win software issue. Is there some sort of fan-file that can be reset/deleted/modified?

Fan xpert4 is incorporated into the AI Suite3.
I'll try to uninstall it and then try a new install.

You can try this, but I do not know if it will work. You should also search for the latest Fan Xpert version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqTsrKbuHzk

Thanks, I uninstalled the AI Suite and problem is gone...:cool:

So, there was an issue with my laptop, and my ex partner told me to remove all drives...remove windows and restart from the start...
Did that and then something has gone wrong when reinstalling everything.
Got everything I believe I need.
(I am not techy with stuff with drives, so when helping please pretend you're talking to your grandma...)

Before the game centre would show when you change the settings of the fan on the screen, when you would click the fan button. "Silent" "Balanced" and "Overboost"
But now, it wont. The only thing game centre will allow me to do is have it on Auto fan...
When I have my charger in, my CPU goes up to 70'c ....Sometimes 80...

My laptop has recently came back from a warranety check.
So I have no idea what to do...HELP