cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - Resetting BIOS ROG STRIX GL503VD

codyrau
Level 7
I've tried everything. I need to reset BIOS because I do not have the password.

The changing the system clock method with Alt + R (Which never worked for me)

I have removed the cmos battery and left it out for over 24 hours, the boot menu was reset but, the password was still saved.

There is a DIP switch located under the upgrade panel that I have tried switching, but I assume its for another troubleshooting method because it hasn't reset anything when I pressed it.

I really don't want to send it in. I consider myself sufficiently tech savvy to do most anything, but I cannot figure this out.

Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4

xeromist
The password is designed to survive resets and power loss. If you acquired it from someone else who set the password ask them for the password or just return it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I unfortunately did not get it from someone else, I set the password myself, but cannot remember it for the life of me.

I wish someone had some more info on what the DIP switch on the back does? Or if it has anything to do with resetting BIOS.

xeromist
I'm sure ASUS can do just about anything with a ROM programmer but I don't know if that's something that is offered. You'd have to call. There is no user-serviceable option to bypass this because it is a security measure.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Blake1
Level 10
Hello codyrau,
Please kindly send your device to service center together with the evidence of purchase.
Thank you.