Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    ROG Enthusiast Array BLOODCHILLER PC Specs
    BLOODCHILLER PC Specs
    Motherboardmaximus v gene
    Processori73770k
    Memory (part number)CORSAIR 32GB
    Graphics Card #1ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-A6G-GAMING
    MonitorXG27VQ
    Storage #1ssd evo samsung
    CPU Coolercorsair 110i
    Caselian li armorsuit
    Power Supplycorsair 850
    Keyboard razer
    Mouse razer
    Headset HYPERX
    Mouse Pad razer
    BLOODCHILLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    42

    Maximus XI Gene Question !!!

    After the Apex z390 build not hapening * i decided to get a Gene XI motherboard and put all the gear i got for the Apex on it but i have come to a stop .
    2 items i have maybe incobatible Ram and CPU .

    First item RAMS : G.SKILL Trident Z DDR4-3600, CL17-19-19-39 (F4-3600C17D-32GTZKW) 2X16GB
    Second CPU : i9 9900k

    The specific Rams are on the list of combatible Rams in the suport Asus ventor list and ofc says they are compatible with the mobo but when i go to Benchmark
    web
    site and build the pc it says incombatible ram BETA .
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/PCBuil...434505?tab=SSD

    CPU i9 9900K i plan to have it on 5Ghz non stop and i think it will have thermal throttling issues

    Is there some one who can drop a line with some advice about this ?
    Or a build with the best posible parts in order to not have thermal throttling cpu cooler is going to be the kraken x62

    thank you !!!


    * https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ighlight=z390#

  2. #2
    New ROGer Array KotOr368 PC Specs
    KotOr368 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XII APEX
    Processori7-10700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-32GTRS
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    MonitorASUS PG278QR
    Storage #1Intel SSD 545s
    Storage #2Segate 2TB + 4TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15s
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe
    Power SupplySeasonic 850W Titanium
    Keyboard A4Tech Bloody B328
    Mouse A4tech BLOODY J95
    Headset HyperX Cloud
    OS W10 x64

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Reputation
    13
    Posts
    57

    i wouldn't worry much about it. 3600 isnt some crazy high speed. I have Apex and this F4-3200C14D-32GTRS it isnt on asus QVL but G.skill QVL says its ok. And its working OK
    Your memory is on G.skill and asus QVL and to be sure just update bios to 1302 or 1401 and you should be fine

  3. #3
    ROG Enthusiast Array BLOODCHILLER PC Specs
    BLOODCHILLER PC Specs
    Motherboardmaximus v gene
    Processori73770k
    Memory (part number)CORSAIR 32GB
    Graphics Card #1ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-A6G-GAMING
    MonitorXG27VQ
    Storage #1ssd evo samsung
    CPU Coolercorsair 110i
    Caselian li armorsuit
    Power Supplycorsair 850
    Keyboard razer
    Mouse razer
    Headset HYPERX
    Mouse Pad razer
    BLOODCHILLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    42

    Quote Originally Posted by KotOr368 View Post
    i wouldn't worry much about it. 3600 isnt some crazy high speed. I have Apex and this F4-3200C14D-32GTRS it isnt on asus QVL but G.skill QVL says its ok. And its working OK
    Your memory is on G.skill and asus QVL and to be sure just update bios to 1302 or 1401 and you should be fine
    Hi and thank you for your time !!!
    After your post i did go to G Skill web site and checked for the rams they are listed on the QVL list for GENE XI .

    Enyone out there got the GENE XI runing on 5ghz with a i9 9900k non stop and what cooling are you using ?

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array 1mluer PC Specs
    1mluer PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XII Apex
    ProcessorI9-10900k
    Memory (part number)Gskill Trident Royal 4400
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix 2080 ti
    Sound Cardbuilt in
    MonitorASUS Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus Raid
    Storage #2Samsung 970 EVO Plus Raid
    CPU CoolerRyujin 360
    CaseInWin 909 Silver
    Power SupplyROG Thor 1200p
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Baltheus
    Headset/Speakers Bose Computer Set with Sub
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNightHawk RAX200
    Accessory #1 TT Riing Plus
    Accessory #2 Blue Microphone

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    42
    Posts
    426

    Hey Blood chiller

    I just built a XI GENE for my brother. I have the same exact ram and CPU for that board. The ram you will need to set the VCCIO and SA voltages around 1.18v to keep it stable. Even though it's only 3600 it's still an OC on the ram. XMP profile 1 works perfect. The CPU no brainer. I ran my bros CPU at 5.1ghz 7/24 without issue. I do the same on my XI Apex of which I can go up to 5.2ghz but it's pushing it so I backed that down to 5.1ghz. just set the CPU voltage at 1.29 to 1.3 and there is no issue. I am guessing you have a decent cooler.

    Everything should work like butter.. just know if it starts crashing windows under load you will have to reevaluate the VCCIO and SA voltage and move them up slightly. I ready did that for my board and ram chips you may need to adjust your ever so slightly. if you have 1.18 set and need to move it up use small steps like 1.1825. You wont be in trouble till after 1.3 so don't think you will be blowing anything up.. You are just looking for optimization.
    Last edited by 1mluer; 02-17-2020 at 09:34 PM.
    InWin 909 Silver RGB build
    i9-10900k
    ROG Maximus XII Apex
    ROG Matrix 2080 ti
    Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

    Everything overclocked and love it.
    ROG Awesomeness !!!!

  5. #5
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array 1mluer PC Specs
    1mluer PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XII Apex
    ProcessorI9-10900k
    Memory (part number)Gskill Trident Royal 4400
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix 2080 ti
    Sound Cardbuilt in
    MonitorASUS Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus Raid
    Storage #2Samsung 970 EVO Plus Raid
    CPU CoolerRyujin 360
    CaseInWin 909 Silver
    Power SupplyROG Thor 1200p
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Baltheus
    Headset/Speakers Bose Computer Set with Sub
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNightHawk RAX200
    Accessory #1 TT Riing Plus
    Accessory #2 Blue Microphone

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    42
    Posts
    426

    Cooler wise I use ASUS Ryujin 360 on my Gene
    InWin 909 Silver RGB build
    i9-10900k
    ROG Maximus XII Apex
    ROG Matrix 2080 ti
    Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

    Everything overclocked and love it.
    ROG Awesomeness !!!!

  6. #6
    ROG Enthusiast Array BLOODCHILLER PC Specs
    BLOODCHILLER PC Specs
    Motherboardmaximus v gene
    Processori73770k
    Memory (part number)CORSAIR 32GB
    Graphics Card #1ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-A6G-GAMING
    MonitorXG27VQ
    Storage #1ssd evo samsung
    CPU Coolercorsair 110i
    Caselian li armorsuit
    Power Supplycorsair 850
    Keyboard razer
    Mouse razer
    Headset HYPERX
    Mouse Pad razer
    BLOODCHILLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    42

    Quote Originally Posted by 1mluer View Post
    Hey Blood chiller

    I just built a XI GENE for my brother. I have the same exact ram and CPU for that board. The ram you will need to set the VCCIO and SA voltages around 1.18v to keep it stable. Even though it's only 3600 it's still an OC on the ram. XMP profile 1 works perfect. The CPU no brainer. I ran my bros CPU at 5.1ghz 7/24 without issue. I do the same on my XI Apex of which I can go up to 5.2ghz but it's pushing it so I backed that down to 5.1ghz. just set the CPU voltage at 1.29 to 1.3 and there is no issue. I am guessing you have a decent cooler.

    Everything should work like butter.. just know if it starts crashing windows under load you will have to reevaluate the VCCIO and SA voltage and move them up slightly. I ready did that for my board and ram chips you may need to adjust your ever so slightly. if you have 1.18 set and need to move it up use small steps like 1.1825. You wont be in trouble till after 1.3 so don't think you will be blowing anything up.. You are just looking for optimization.
    Hi and thank you for the info its great news to me
    Will try it out with thos setings when its all up and running and get back to you .
    At the moment i am waiting for the kraken x72 to arive and some other parts, thinking of the lian li 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition for a case was going for the Be Quiet Dark Base 900 but i think the 011 will have beter airflow plus my old Lian Li never let me down great cases .

  7. #7
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array 1mluer PC Specs
    1mluer PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XII Apex
    ProcessorI9-10900k
    Memory (part number)Gskill Trident Royal 4400
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix 2080 ti
    Sound Cardbuilt in
    MonitorASUS Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus Raid
    Storage #2Samsung 970 EVO Plus Raid
    CPU CoolerRyujin 360
    CaseInWin 909 Silver
    Power SupplyROG Thor 1200p
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Baltheus
    Headset/Speakers Bose Computer Set with Sub
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNightHawk RAX200
    Accessory #1 TT Riing Plus
    Accessory #2 Blue Microphone

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    42
    Posts
    426

    Quote Originally Posted by BLOODCHILLER View Post
    Hi and thank you for the info its great news to me
    Will try it out with thos setings when its all up and running and get back to you .
    At the moment i am waiting for the kraken x72 to arive and some other parts, thinking of the lian li 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition for a case was going for the Be Quiet Dark Base 900 but i think the 011 will have beter airflow plus my old Lian Li never let me down great cases .
    Aye I bought him an In-win 905 case.. It's very good and has awesome look.. My apex has the In-win 909 silver case.. my 7700k system has an In-win 909 black case.. I don't have any problems buying nice cases Looking at the In-win 925 from my HEDT build I am looking to start in Summer.
    InWin 909 Silver RGB build
    i9-10900k
    ROG Maximus XII Apex
    ROG Matrix 2080 ti
    Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

    Everything overclocked and love it.
    ROG Awesomeness !!!!

  8. #8
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    23

    I have this board and the same cpu and ram...….I have my CPU VCCIO - 1.04250 and CPU VCCSA - 1.08725 and it's perfectly stable with XMP II and cpu stock with MCE - AUTO.

    Sometimes more voltage on CPU VCCIO and CPU VCCSA can make the system less stable.....if your overclocking your cpu above 5GHz then you may need to increase these volts but with MCE - AUTO or ENABLED and your ram on XMP II you should be able to keep both these volts under 1.1v or 1.15v MAX!

    Remember with voltages more is not always better!

  9. #9
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by BLOODCHILLER View Post
    After the Apex z390 build not hapening * i decided to get a Gene XI motherboard and put all the gear i got for the Apex on it but i have come to a stop .
    2 items i have maybe incobatible Ram and CPU .

    First item RAMS : G.SKILL Trident Z DDR4-3600, CL17-19-19-39 (F4-3600C17D-32GTZKW) 2X16GB
    Second CPU : i9 9900k
    (snip)
    I have the "lesser" Z390I ITX board with very similar components as you mentioned and it's all fine. I've been running either 5.1 all core (AVX -3) or 5.0 (AVX -2) at relatively low voltages (1.288 VCORE / 1.168 VCCIO / 1.136 VCCSA). I've even lately been using 64GB (2x32GB Trident Z Neo - not the DC dimms) and it's stable as can be (24 hour memtest, 6 hours of Prime small / in place FFT). I realize this is a few weeks later but I'm looking to mvoe to a Gene because I trust if anything it will be BETTER than the "strix" level ITX board.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •