cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ROG Spatha firmware

czechoj
Level 7
Hi. Has anyone noticed that there are new mouse and dock firmware? V80 mouse, V40 receiver.
After updating the mouse software, the cursor in wireless mode completely went crazy. After the receiver firmware was updated, everything returned to normal.
So far everything is OK.

https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-Spatha/HelpDesk_Download/
10 REPLIES 10

Setoka
Level 7
Yes I also got the firmware
Had a few failed attempts due to it not liking my USB Hub but it seemed to update well
I did the mouse itself first and then it started freaking out in wireless mode haha
Updated the dock and it all works well again
Was hoping this update would add support for the new armory crate but not this time
I do notice better battery life on this fw version so that is a + not sure what else it added or changed though

Brighttail
Level 11
I saw this firmware and tried to use the executable as suggested and nothing happened.

Ah well got the new Chakram which is working pretty flawlessly as a mouse, tho the joystick isn't 100% in games.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

My dongle isn't updating to 1.40 as the Firmware description says. I've run it, and my mouse has properly been updated to 1.80, but the dock remains the same.
What do I do?

Edit: Holy I'm dumb. I just saw the second download on the support page.

czechoj
Level 7
And did you use two separate files from FW or just that of the mouse?
PS. Approx. Now I noticed that you found files from the dock firmware. I understand that everything is already working?

I "discovered it" and installed it yesterday. I'm delighted to report that for the first time since I got the thing in 2016 - it seems to be working perfectly.

Recent firmware update for the GT-AC5300 router too, seems they are on a firmware roll! 😄
Gotterdammerung: Rampage V Extreme | Intel I7-5930K | 32GB Corsair Dominator 2666 | EVGA GTX 980 SC x3
Kingston HyperX Predator 480GB | Corsair Neutron XT 960GB | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair 900D | EK RVE Monoblock | EK 980 GTX Blocks

GOOSE: STRIX Z390I Gaming | Intel i9-9900KF | 32GB Vengeance RGB 3200 | STRIX Vega 64 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB x2
Corsair SF 750 | Phanteks Evolv Shift X | EK Z390I Monoblock | EK Strix Vega 64 GPU Block

After updating 1.80 firmware my mouse wireless mode started go frenzy. Ghost moving (i cleard everything , same thing happend) , totally lost precision, after charge the mouse resets to all disabled mode. So WTF is going on ASUS?

Murinko86 wrote:
After updating 1.80 firmware my mouse wireless mode started go frenzy. Ghost moving (i cleard everything , same thing happend) , totally lost precision, after charge the mouse resets to all disabled mode. So WTF is going on ASUS?

Did you also update the Receiver firmware to 1.40 as mine also went crazy will after i updated firmware (note its a separate download)

Guys i download the firmware and when i try to run it nothing happens and suggestions ?

nickDroy wrote:
Guys i download the firmware and when i try to run it nothing happens and suggestions ?

Happened to me too. Try to "run it as administrator", then if it asks about unsafe program run it anyway. Worked for me.