cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser error when trying to reach forum

Thrawn
Level 7
Hi there!

I've got an unusual problem when trying to browse ROG forums with Chrome, I'm always getting this message:

Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

On the other hand, I can browse it without any issues when I'm using MS Edge. What is going on?
9 REPLIES 9

toronto699
Level 13
Some times I Get Bad Gateway Error , With IE 11 And MS Edge Browsers

toronto699
Level 13
502 - Bad Gateway Few Times A Week

Thrawn
Level 7
I'm always getting this error, for weeks now. Noone who created this forum care about it?

Thrawn
Level 7
Hello? :confused:

davemon50
Level 11
This forum software totally sucks IMO.

I get the bad gateway error frequently, and I mostly use MS Edge with latest updates. I get that error in FF too.

I can't figure out either how to do a multiple quote reply with this. The multiple quote button below the posts do not work or are so unintuitive I gave up trying to figure it out.

Thrawn is spot on, last time we had a serious forum operational issue, it tooks months plus a few emails to Asus outside this forum to get it fixed. Seems to me very neglected. A shame, and zero excuse for it.
Davemon50

Thrawn
Level 7
Someone from Asus was reading this thread, so they are here and listening. Sadly they didn't even tried to deal with this issue, just deleted my last few post. I was willing to help them and gave any information they might need to figure out the root of the problem (could be my side too) but no, just deleted my posts. In my opinion they maxed out disrespect for a customer. I still remember the good old days when I contacted their support, and they were willing to help with my problems, even built a beta BIOS for my old motherboard which ironed out the bugs. These forums are full of BIOS and software related problems, and noone seems to be trying to help. Why is that?

My current Asus motherboard is faulty (Prime X470-Pro). I've spoken directly to the developers of AIDA64 and HWInfo, they both assured me that Asus failed to implement the I/O chip correctly which causing faulty sensor readings, suddenly stopping(!!!) FANs which can and WILL cause overheat in minutes and maybe damaging any components inside you case, or if you are lucky just a sudden shudown. And guess what? Any burned out components they find voids your warranty immediately. They didn't managed to implement their WMI layer correctly, which is used by these two monitoring softwares. The developers gave me one advice: stop using Asus EC and WMI readings when using their software, they can't do anything else because they can't write a BIOS for an Asus motherboard. And the best one is, you don't even have to use ANY monitoring software, a brand new and clean Windows installation is suffering from the Fan-stop issue. To make things look even worse, I even took out every unnecessary component which is not a must for a working computer. I ended up with 1 memory module in it correct slot and a VGA, cleared CMOS ofc to get the stock settings. I've booted freeDOS from a pendrive, and I didn't have to wait too long, my CPU fan suddenly stopped working. Also changed the PSU, tried 2 different models with well enough wattage, nothing changed. Try another memory? No change. Another CPU? Nope. Any combinations of these hardwares? Nope. I've also tried every single BIOS they released and these issues are still there. Solution? It seems to me that noone cares.

All in all, I've got a pretty bad experience. Never in my 25+ years of building computers with Asus motherboards was this bad. Their hardware was pricey but top notch, softwares well written and they quickly ironed out any bugs found either in software or BIOS. Now I just feel left in the wild with zero help. The ignorance is a sign for me to change.

Asus, if you are reading this, try to do some real work as you should, deleting posts is not helpful, leaving customers with faulty hardware is the same. Not acceptable.

You might say that I should have tried to send back the motherboard to where I got it from to get a new one. But why would I get a new one with the same bugs? On the other hand, the Fan-stop issue is hard to check, it's fully random. You can't do certain things to make it happen, so it's nearly impossible to a service person to reproduce. It just happens, 1minute, 2 hours, few day, you don't know. It just happens. The only sure thing about it, that it WILL happen and you can't do anything about it.

Thrawn
Level 7
After more than a month and it's still not working! It's ridiculous! :mad:

Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

toronto699
Level 13
502 - Bad Gateway All Day For Hours

XYchromosone
Level 10
I use chrome and never had any problem browsing this forum. It appears that the error is more likely to occur with MS Edge, Firefox and Explorer?