New ROGer Array

Recent purchase - X470 Gaming with occasional booting issues and no CD

PNY GeForce 1060 GTX 6GB GPU
    Ryzen 7 2700X CPU
    GSkill DDR4 3200 RAM
    Crucial MX500 1TB SSD
    BIOS Version - 5220 x64

Hello,
    A few weeks ago I purchased a ROG Strix X470 Gaming MoBo.

Since then I occasionally have a difficult time booting. I can boot into SAFE mode but not regular mode.
    Most of the time (80%) it boots normally. But occasionally it starts into windows then quits....(screen goes blank and no more response)

ODD thing is that as it's posting BIOS and I see the message at the bottom of the screen that says to press F2 or Delete to Boot into EUFI BIOS (or whaterver) the lettering on screen is very BLURRY. And then when I get into BIOS, it's also blurry and hard to read. Its as if the video information being sent to the monitor is extremely low resolution....regardless of the GPU installed. Then, later it will start working again...rinse repeat.

The other problem is that I can't get the system to boot when I install a CD ROM drive. I've tried 3 different ones all with the same results.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by FloridaPanthers1; 02-09-2020 at 01:44 AM.

New ROGer Array

I still have time to return it so maybe no answer is THE answer.
    Back it goes.

Thanks

ROG Enthusiast Array chevy350 PC Specs
    chevy350 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X470-F
    Processor2700X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 3600
    Graphics Card #1XFX RX580
    Graphics Card #2Zotac GTX 550Ti
    MonitorAcer KG240 & AOC S24D300
    Storage #1OCZ RD400
    Storage #2Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb
    CPU CoolerKraken X62
    Case750D
    Power SupplySeaSonic Platinum 860W
    Keyboard Razer Black Widow
    Mouse J-Tech Digital Verticle Mouse
    Headset Arctis 7
    Mouse Pad Corsair
    Headset/Speakers Corsair 1500
    OS Win 10 x64

You gave a user based forum a whole 24 hours to reply lol, sorry you could not wait. I'm sure most responses you would get would be to clear CMOS, re-flash recent BIOS, boot, load defaults and see what it goes from there. Then if still persists would go to what display connection and try another cable and so on and so forth. Best of luck with whichever board you replace it with and hopefully you have a little more patience in other user based forums as we generally do try to help other find solutions to issues they're having.
    AMD 2700X, Asus ROG Strix X470-F, G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 (16gbx2), XFX RX 580, NZXT Kraken X62, Corsair 750D, SeaSonic 860W, OCZ RD400, Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb, Intel 520 120Gb SSD

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by chevy350 View Post
    You gave a user based forum a whole 24 hours to reply lol, sorry you could not wait. I'm sure most responses you would get would be to clear CMOS, re-flash recent BIOS, boot, load defaults and see what it goes from there. Then if still persists would go to what display connection and try another cable and so on and so forth. Best of luck with whichever board you replace it with and hopefully you have a little more patience in other user based forums as we generally do try to help other find solutions to issues they're having.
    The return window for the MB closed on the 9th. Didn't know I had this issue until a day or two before, glad I found it.

I had very little choice and had to make a decision in case no one replied ( which happens)

Thanks for the suggestions. Hopefully the replacement board will not have any issues.

New ROGer Array

Received replacement MOBo from Amazon - installed - results -

Amazon quickly sent a replacement board. I installed it today.

So Far So Good

FINALLY, the machine will boot with a CD / DVD RW drive connected. (Had never been able to boot up before with one connected)

The other MOBO had issues booting up which progressively got worse until yesterday I could no longer get it to boot up.. Since new I had had mysterious occasional problems such as booting irregularities and components not working.

I ran MicroSoft Flight Simulator 10 FSX for about 1/2 hour to put the CPU and Mobo through some stress testing and no issues so far.

It is my conclusion therefore that the original Mobo had issues. Thankfully I had ordered it through Amazon and even better, I initiated a return on the very last day of the return window.

Hopefully I can enjoy my ROG MB in peace and happiness now.