cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix Z390-H GAMING double cold post problem

IronBaldr
Level 7
Hello
i recently brought the ASUS ROG Strix Z390-H and now i got the problem of a cold double post, the PC turns on for a sec, turns off just to turn on again after roughly a second.I have been having this issue since the first day that I bought my rig this happens only when there is no power into the system (when I turn off PSU)
I have tried to flash BIOS and enable the fast boot feature but nothing really changed.I really want to know if this a "normal behavior" form my motherboard because I dont really want to cause any hardware damage or something.

Maybe someone can help me fix this please?
3 REPLIES 3

Jekel
Level 7
IronBaldr wrote:
Hello
i recently brought the ASUS ROG Strix Z390-H and now i got the problem of a cold double post, the PC turns on for a sec, turns off just to turn on again after roughly a second.I have been having this issue since the first day that I bought my rig this happens only when there is no power into the system (when I turn off PSU)
I have tried to flash BIOS and enable the fast boot feature but nothing really changed.I really want to know if this a "normal behavior" form my motherboard because I dont really want to cause any hardware damage or something.

Maybe someone can help me fix this please?

Are you overclocked and have the power save thing on in bios e.g so rgb etc not on when pc off? Think its called S5+ something? At work so cant check name right now. If so that's probably why as happens on my extreme. If I just use the s5 power save only doesn't do the double boot thing. Read a comment on forums affect you if overclocked as not enough power to cold start.

oG_kill3r
Level 7
Are you overclocked ?

oG kill3r wrote:
Are you overclocked ?

go into bios and select manual instead of the default auto or XMP setting for performance or overclocking. figured it out last night.