cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic Studio 3 and Nvidia HDMI Audio

SAMDestroy
Level 7
Hello,

i have activated the effects inside Sonic Studio 3 for the Rog Strix 2080 ti White HDMI out.
My AVR is connected via HDMI out and i do use 5.1 Audio.
After activating the effects i do have no Sound anymore. Even Windows test Sound dosent work anymore.
I do have sound again after deaktivating Sonic Studio 3 again.

no clue whats wrong with it 😕 any help would be much appreciated.

thanks
SAM
2 REPLIES 2

Saltgrass
Level 13
A couple of days ago, my system popped up a message regarding enabling or disabling enhancements. I see that message every now and then but this time it wanted to enable enhancements. When I allow it, my speakers stopped working.

I got my system back to the basic Win 10 audio driver and I am about to try reinstalling the ASUS driver to see if I can keep it working. I have never found out what it means by "enhancements" but maybe the Sonic Studio 3 is what it refers to.

The components of the ASUS audio drivers /effects utilities and Win 10, seem to have a problem getting along and has been that way for quite a while..

I will post back after the driver install to see if I notice anything. I do not use the Sonic Radar utility but I do like at least some basic form of Mixer working..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass
Level 13
I just finished doing the Audio reinstall. It took four reboots but seems to be working. I did have to uninstall the Sonic Radar utility again.

The only HDMI output I have is for my Virtual Headset and it works normally but it seems to use the Vibe multimedia output. I just remembered I have an audio output on my monitor so I will try that and will post back if that presents any problems... although that will only be a 2.1 or 2.0 output, I have no 5.1 HDMI audio I can test.

Just a note, I used to have another Mixer for the Realtek sound but now I only have the Sonic Studio 3 which does have an equalizer and some other enhancements.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200