cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching this forum

davemon50
Level 11
How does one search this forum for posts by a specific user? There's no entry for it.

There's a button that you can click to search forum for posts by this user, but there's no place to enter the user's name. Makes no sense. What am I missing? I've never seen a forum search form with such a dumb layout.
Davemon50
6 REPLIES 6

xeromist
I don't know what your permissions are vs mine as a moderator but the ways I do it are
1) when I mouse over a name I get the option to "view forum posts"
2) when I visit someone's profile I have options to "find latest posts" and "find latest started threads"

I believe there is also an option to specify a username in the advanced search options but I rarely use that.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I don't know what your permissions are vs mine as a moderator but the ways I do it are
1) when I mouse over a name I get the option to "view forum posts"
2) when I visit someone's profile I have options to "find latest posts" and "find latest started threads"

I believe there is also an option to specify a username in the advanced search options but I rarely use that.

Yep! Your right. It does mouse over to all those choices :rolleyes:
Go do crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here!

davemon50
Level 11
I can do it the way you described in method 1-2 above, I had forgotten about that method. The option in your last paragraph is what my question was about, and there's no way to do it. (I was trying to look for specific text from a specific user's previous threads.) I will use the other method instead, although it's a more generic search. Thanks for the reply, it went off the quicklist and I missed it before now.
Davemon50

xeromist
On the advanced search page the box that says email is the username.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/search.php
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

davemon50
Level 11
Meaning you search by email address? Or it's in error and you use the username attached to that address? Not that it matters now.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Meaning you search by email address? Or it's in error and you use the username attached to that address? Not that it matters now.

Email means username in this forum software. It might be that usernames were strictly email addresses at one point but I can't remember. The software has been changed several times and they've modified it to integrate with ASUS.com accounts so who knows.