cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG GL753VE Graphics Card Problems

FantasiaWHT
Level 7
Hi all, struggling with a graphics card issue and hope I can find some help.

I have a GL753VE gaming laptop. i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz processor, GTX 1050 ti GPU, 16GB RAM.

Purchased it new in early 2017. Basically bought it to play Witcher 3 at high specs, and when I bought it, it was fantastic at that. Top or nearly top of the settings and running smoothly at a nice FPS.

Fast forward to 2020 and I decide I want to play through the whole series. Start at Witcher 1 and it's running fine. But Witcher 2 is choppy and low FPS, although when I turn settings way down it runs OK-ish. I try to load up Witcher 3 and it's basically unplayable, even at lowest settings.

I do all the normal things - check power settings to make sure performance isn't being capped. Update graphics drivers (1/28/20 version). No improvement.

I ran PassMark benchmarks and for 3D Graphics got only 2,084. The test's website suggests a GTX 1050 ti should have a score about 6,000.

I have had overheating problems (typical laptop) where a program would just crash and then my system wouldn't recognize the GPU at all until I reinstalled the drivers. That's happened maybe half a dozen times total. Is it possible I just fried my GPU permanently, or is there something else I can try?
1 REPLY 1

FantasiaWHT
Level 7
PassMark table of benchmarks: https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php