cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 1080 TI Circuit Board Replacement?!?!?

rmbliven07
Level 7
Long story short I came across a boxed 1080 TI from a friend who "bought off an auction site" and its missing the circuit board. It was completely free to me therefore I want to see what if anything I can do to get the circuit board replaced. Ideally I will use this in place of my 570 if I can get it work without issues. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

I've filled out an RMA on ASUS and am awaiting a reply IF I'M LUCKY. Supposedly an RMA had been filed previously with an unknown directory # so that's kind of sketchy. But it is still under warranty so is there hope?!?!?! :cool:
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
You mean it's only the cooler in the box? ASUS is not going to give you a new card nor would they even offer replacement at a cost. RMA is for faulty hardware, not lost hardware.

You may be able to buy a naked card on Ebay and reinstall the cooler but it's going to cost nearly as much as an intact card since the cooler isn't worth very much.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Correct, well cooler and fans anyways. So basically worthless as it is currently. That was the answer I thought I'd receive and I only filed an RMA because I found this forum page afterwards. I appreciate the transparency I'll see if I cant find one on EBAY otherwise time to just upgrade and get a 2080. Appreciate the help Admin!!!

xeromist
I'm not the admin, just a volunteer moderator, but you're welcome. 🙂
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…