cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way of removing/shrinking the Shadow Drive?

TheAlmightyPota
Level 7
The Shadow Drive takes up almost all of the 256GB of my local disk, and in my opinion, it's more of a pain in the ass than an actual feature. The fact that so much of my disk is clogged up by empty space means my PC can't update anything anymore, since there's no space left in the C: Drive. I've cleaned up everything I can afford to get rid of, but the most space I can actually free up is a whopping 311MB.

Since I don't actually need the Z: Drive (Shadow Drive) for anything, I'd rather just get rid of it, freeing up all the space it's hogging for more practical use. But, if I can't do that, I'd like to at least shrink its volume in order to free up most of the space it's taking.

I haven't seen a single person asking this question anywhere on the internet, which honestly kind of surprises me, but also worries me a little, because it also means that it's probably less likely to even be possible. But, if anyone knows/can figure out how, I'd really appreciate it.

I am using a ROG Strix II, model number is G731G.

P.S.: I also can't even open the Shadow Drive anymore, because the "Activate Shadow Drive" button is permanently greyed out for some reason and I lost my keystone.
0 REPLIES 0