cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xonar DGX - using the SPDIF header

alobmbe
Level 7
Hello. Can anyone please confirm that i can use the SPDIF header on this card to connect to an SPDIF Optical/RCA Out Plate? I can supply a link but it is my first post and i don't want tp appear to be a spammer. There are several on ebay etc for about 8-9 quid.

I want to connect my PC to my 5.1 HT receiver which has a spare coax input. The plate/bracket is described as designed to connect to a motherboard SPDIF header rather than a soundcard SPDIF header but i'm hoping that it will do want i want. The only definitive information i have found (on Intel's website) suggests the soundcard SPDIF header should be connected to the motherboard SPDIF header. But this doesn't seem to make much sense to me and i don't have an SPDIF header on my mobo anyway.

Hoping someone can provide some definitive advice. Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

alobmbe
Level 7
alobmbe wrote:
Hello. Can anyone please confirm that i can use the SPDIF header on this card to connect to an SPDIF Optical/RCA Out Plate? I can supply a link but it is my first post and i don't want tp appear to be a spammer. There are several on ebay etc for about 8-9 quid.

I want to connect my PC to my 5.1 HT receiver which has a spare coax input. The plate/bracket is described as designed to connect to a motherboard SPDIF header rather than a soundcard SPDIF header but i'm hoping that it will do want i want. The only definitive information i have found (on Intel's website) suggests the soundcard SPDIF header should be connected to the motherboard SPDIF header. But this doesn't seem to make much sense to me and i don't have an SPDIF header on my mobo anyway.

Hoping someone can provide some definitive advice. Thanks.

In case anyone is interested, i got confirmation from Asus that this configuration would work. So i bought the outplate and installed it it and indeed it does output 5.1 DTS and AC3 via coax.