Hello every one
plz I need help before few days I finish my *build system*
-mo asus rog extreme x399*
-threadripper 2970wx
-Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
-GPU RX480 8g
-UPS thermaltek *850W
*-Deepcool Castle 240 Liquid CPU Coole
I have Q code 06 with green led if I add the gpu I get Q code 07 and with yellow led
I try so maney thing
Plz who can help me I get tired
thx **
13 REPLIES 13

alamaken
Level 7
No one can help me 

update
now the code if I add gpu D7 with green led with yellow led*

Sorry but this is not my type of system. Wait a few hours for more people to log in who have experience with the system. But one guess is that the DDR4 memories are part of the problem.

hortons71 wrote:
Sorry but this is not my type of system. Wait a few hours for more people to log in who have experience with the system. But one guess is that the DDR4 memories are part of the problem.

Thx so much for answer
but I thing its not the DDR4 its ok and work I have one ddr4 kinggston 8 gb and try it *

Hi mate, lets try some things?

First verify all power cables and see if they are seated correctly, especially the 12v one (big one to motherboard).

From what I can see Q code D7 means no keyboard is present.. but 07 means that RAM is failing training (which the PC does at first boot) so make sure that also RAM is seated correctly. Have you tried with a single stick? If not try removing all sticks and install one in DIMM A_1 (refer to chapter 1-5 in manual here https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socketTR4/ROG_ZENITH_EXTREME/E13369_ROG_ZENITH_EXTREME_UM_V2_W... )

I have a feeling though that maybe RAM training was interrupted, you could also perhaps try to clear CMOS (I believe your board has a clear CMOS/RTC button).

EDIT: Try here after verify power cables:
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117768-please-help-debug-coded7/?do=findComment&comment=1570835

Hi
Thx for answer I will try now this before few hours *I remove the battery ...
I try the RAM in last DIMM ...
IF I add the keyboards to MO the Q code cemos error but lets try agine and I will take pics for u
thx agine for help*

BigJohnny
Level 13
Few things.
That Q code is loading microcode.
There are several other things to consider.
Ive been stumped then found the dumbest thing, switches out of position. Double check all of your dip switches are in the correct position. PCIE all to on, LN2 slow boot off etc.
download and rename latest BIOS as appropriate for you MOBO and flash to latest BIOS. If this is a Zenith extreme it shoud be renamed to ZE.cap and place that on a fat 32 formatted drive with nothing else on it. Smaller size 8GB or less is preferred.

Again if this is zenith extreme it should have the BIOS flashback feature. Simply put prepared usb drive with ZE.cap file on it in USB port labeled BIOS on the back plane. Then with power applied to machine but not started in and shape or fashion press and hold the button on the top of the backplane labeled BIOS until it starts flashing then walk away, get an espresso or beer whatever and give it a few minutes until it stops flashing signaling that it is complete. If it flashes a few times and stops then the file loaded is either not named correctly, the file is corrupt or you dont have the USB drive in the correct USB port on the back plane. Start off with only keyboard and mouse, nothing else plugged into USB ports except the one labeled BIOS with your ZE.CAP file. From there you should be able to get into the BIOS when its done by starting machine and spamming the F2. Load optimized defaults and let it post. Im assuming you havent loaded the OS yet. Get to where you can get in the BIOS and check your hardware first.

Hopefully that will solve it as Im not 100% sure what motherboard you have.

If you still cant get into BIOS remove all but one stick of ram. Double check that the ram you have is listed on the Qualfied vendors list on the ASUS website for your mother board.
The last photo you showed with the LED lights its as if its looking for an OS drive. PCIE lot amber for slot one is showing its populated. Could possibly be faulty GPU. Reseat and double check power connections.

Hi all
thx for all i enter to bios and just i update the bios and fixed the frequency of RAM I thing its good step .
now I want download OS in m.2 so i will try then i give update for exactly what I do .
but I am very happy because the cpu and mo its not damage*
*about m.2 I should be fo anything in bios before I start downlod OS ???
**thx for all you*
one thing more I don't have monitor just I have tv *its not work with new tv I try old one and its work with it after i finish OS I try to fixed too*
*https://rog.asus.com/forum/asset.php?fid=69830&uid=575202&d=1581733895
*https://rog.asus.com/forum/asset.php?fid=69829&uid=575202&d=1581733839