cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura No Longer Detects Motherboard

MEDDERX
Level 7
updated aura and iCue in hopes of controlling the mobo from icue. Got it to work a tiny bit but then it stopped working and neither see the motherboard anymore. I have tried reinstialling them, using armory, checked bios and nothing seems to bring it back. Board is a asus z390 formula.
4 REPLIES 4

BigJohnny
Level 13
Uninstall Aura then delete folder its installed in and wipe it with the cleaner tool or Ccleaner. Turn off machine and remove power for at least 30 seconds. This should load up the default profile for aura in the BIOS. Crank it up, will go though multiple post cycles, at least two if not 3. The reboot. Close Ique, double check the aura plugin is there then install Aura but dont launch it.

I added in a cmos reset assuming you meant to mention that, either way it worked. Thanks

MEDDERX wrote:
I added in a cmos reset assuming you meant to mention that, either way it worked. Thanks

Didnt really need to reset CMOS but same effect. Just for future reference anything on the mobo RGB related will get reset to factory defaults simply by removing the power from the machine for 30 seconds or so the gong through boot. Clearing CMOS clears everything to default.
It will then do its two to three post cycles.

happy to hear you worked it out!

Dalz01
Level 7
Had the same issue. Full power down/wait resolved the problem. Thanks @BigJohnny!