cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG emblem on back of Screen not lighting on G731GV Strix III ROG laptop

AussieGuy38
Level 7
Hi I only just purchased this ROG laptop yesterday and I noticed that all the keys and underneath lighting is working fine but the ROG emblem on the back of the screen isn't lighting up at all? I have tried googling the problem with no luck, is it a fault or is it just not turned on or activated by default? This is on a Asus G731gv Strix III Laptop btw. I checked all the settings in Armory Crate but didn't see anything for the led emblem lighting on the back of the screen only keyboard Lighting. It's not a deal breaker in terms of using the laptop but it would be nice if everything worked out of the box as advertised !

Any help or advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

AussieGuy38
Level 7
Ok this is weird, I have seen 3 or 4 vids on youtube showing how the emblem lights up on the back of the screen on the same model of laptop but when I went to the store of purchase he swears it doesn't and the emblem has a glassy finish but doesn't light up at all. He even showed me the one on display, no logo lighting up now I am totally confused. Does this mean I have a different version of the same laptop? Is it dependant on what region you live in? I saw one video where they also got a mouse and headphones with their laptop whereas I didn't? Weird....

davemon50
Level 11
What happens when you use FN-up or FN-dn to increase or decrease backlighting, or use FN-left or FN-right to adjust Aura settings?

Is there an option in BIOS?

There's no laptop with the model name you listed above so far as I know. Do you mean G731GV ?
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
What happens when you use FN-up or FN-dn to increase or decrease backlighting, or use FN-left or FN-right to adjust Aura settings?

Is there an option in BIOS?

There's no laptop with the model name you listed above so far as I know. Do you mean G731GV ?

Yeah thats the one G731GV Strix III, contacted Asus Support and they said the same thing as the store, my particular model doesn't have a logo that lights, no biggy just didn't want something not to be working on a brand new laptop!

Thanks ! Off to game again 😄