CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U9S
    CaseFractal Design Define R6 White
    Power SupplyCooler Master v750
    Keyboard HyperX FPS Blue-Switches
    Mouse Zowie FK1
    Headset HyperX Cloud 2
    Mouse Pad QCK+
    OS WIndows 10 Build 2004

Getting the WS-X299 Mainboards also this Update?

We still on Old firmware

Asus published new 3101 BIOS for WS X299 SAGE

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...-ASUS-3101.zip

New ROGer Array H-de PC Specs
    H-de PC Specs
    MotherboardWS-X299-PRO
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-10900X
    Memory (part number)KHX3200C16D4/4GX
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming
    Sound CardHyperX(USB)
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U9S
    Mouse Zowie FK1
    Headset HyperX Cloud 2
    Mouse Pad QCK+
    OS WIndows 10 Build 2004

Thanks, 3101for WS-X299-PRO should be coming in next few days i guess

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array santz76 PC Specs
    santz76 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Edition 10
    ProcessorI7- 6850k 4.4ghz
    Memory (part number)GSkill Trident Z 64gb DDR4 3400hz
    Graphics Card #1Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080
    Graphics Card #2Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorRog Swift PQ348Q curved monitor
    Storage #1Corsair GTX Force 500 GB SSD
    Storage #2Corsair force gt 500gb
    CPU CoolerSwiftech h240x custom apogee xl rog water block mayhems blood red coolant
    CaseCorsair 760T
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200I
    Keyboard Corsair k70 (cherry reds) RGB
    Mouse ROG GLADIUS
    Headset Astro A40 PC TR Editions
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Sheath XL mouse pad
    OS Windows 10 / Samsung 950 pro M.2
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC87U
    Accessory #1 Saitek X52 Pro
    Accessory #2 DX Formula red/black gaming chair

Hello I have the Asus Rampage VI extreme with I9-7900x, last night I downloaded 3006 bios from asus and after flashing my samung 970 m.2 drive was not being recognized. It was stuck on black screen. It did go to “trying to repair” screen once but no luck it would just go yo black screen. What’s weird is I could see my mouse cursor but that’s it. I tried to boot with usb media creation tool and it only post a blue screen with cursor nothing else. I’m lost here I even tried to rollback to 2003 but it won’t let me. Can someone tell me how to roll back firmware?

New ROGer Array

Hey guys,

So I looked through the thread and I had trouble finding a definitive answer. I have the problem on my X299 Tuf Mark 2 with a 7820X that it was setting the frequency in task manger to my base clock and it was actually running two cores at 4.5, rest at 4.3 (with by specific core enabled). It was not idling down under load, keeping my thermals right on the edge of where I'm comfortable with. The problem is the Tuf Mark 2 does not have bios flashback, only crashbios recovery and Asus decided to make reverting this version through ez update impossible (it won't read any older bios versions, even from the disk the motherboard came from).

So I had to actually solve the problem,

If you go to advanced, CPU configuration, then to CPU power management configuration, set the following:
    Enhanced Intel Speedstep: Enabled
    Turbo mode: Enabled
    Autonomous core C state: Auto
    Intel(R) speed shift Technology: disabled
    MFC Mode Override: OS Native Support (ON UP-TO-DATE WINDOWS VERSIONS ONLY)

Seriously, I can't emphasize above enough, this feature was introduced in an update to windows, you need to be on a modern version of windows 10.

This should restore the previous functionality, I now turbo to 4.5 on two cores, 4.3 on the rest and reduce to lower while idle. I've noticed no differences from before the bios update, and this bios update has actually made it so I can run XMP and by specific core at the same time, so I guess they're not full of crap when they say they improved stability.

If you're like me, you're probably questing what speed shift is, from what I understand it's what makes all this dynamic clock speed stuff possible, so how does disabling it fix the problem? Your guess is as good as mine, but my guess is that the option in bios is actually inverted, disabled is enabled and enabled is disabled. Auto is probably just setting the value to enabled, which is actually disabled, so it turns it off. That's just my assumption based on what's going on. If anyone has any other ideas, let me know, but maybe this will "fix" it for you guys.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz 128 GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex6511 View Post
    maybe this will "fix" it for you guys.
    Thanks for the info. Honestly, is it unreasonable to expect Asus to fix it themselves? I probably speak for everyone who forked out big bucks for this motherboard: Why should anyone have to tinker to get this BIOS working properly. My rig is less than a year old, and this BIOS could easily have bricked an expensive CPU had I not looked at HWMonitor. And now the thing crashes on a daily basis, and hence I have had to build a new rig so that I can test the parts and see what is going on--and frankly speaking I won't even be starting my Rampage VI Extreme Omega based rig until there is some fix from Asus out. There is no way they should have fixed an unstable BIOS by introducing another that doesn't work properly. Default should work fine.

In summary, yeah, you could tinker, but only if you are not afraid Asus and your lack of in depth knowledge will cook some component(s) for real.

Rant over. Honestly, thanks for the info. Hopefully Asus puts out a better BIOS before too long.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Super Gnome View Post
    Thanks for the info. Honestly, is it unreasonable to expect Asus to fix it themselves? I probably speak for everyone who forked out big bucks for this motherboard: Why should anyone have to tinker to get this BIOS working properly. My rig is less than a year old, and this BIOS could easily have bricked an expensive CPU had I not looked at HWMonitor. And now the thing crashes on a daily basis, and hence I have had to build a new rig so that I can test the parts and see what is going on--and frankly speaking I won't even be starting my Rampage VI Extreme Omega based rig until there is some fix from Asus out. There is no way they should have fixed an unstable BIOS by introducing another that doesn't work properly. Default should work fine.

In summary, yeah, you could tinker, but only if you are not afraid Asus and your lack of in depth knowledge will cook some component(s) for real.

Rant over. Honestly, thanks for the info. Hopefully Asus puts out a better BIOS before too long.
    Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'm annoyed to all hell with how many hours I lost to this. I'm still going back and forth with support (I haven't told them I found this bios option yet, I'm actually curious how long it will be before they suggest it) and they just keep telling me to revert my bios.

Despite them making that impossible for owners of my motherboard.

Yeah, it's annoying.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz 128 GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot)

Just wondering if, by chance, the new chipset driver might make a difference with the 3006 issue that has your CPU overclocked at default. My Rampage VI Extreme Omega has been collecting dust now for weeks in hopes of some kind of fix for this issue and possibly related BSODs and later, sudden restarts (these two issues while playing World of Warcraft after the release of patch 8.3). Thanks in advance to anyone who knows this and/or any related info.

New ROGer Array H-de PC Specs
    H-de PC Specs
    MotherboardWS-X299-PRO
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-10900X
    Memory (part number)KHX3200C16D4/4GX
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Gaming
    Sound CardHyperX(USB)
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U9S
    Mouse Zowie FK1
    Headset HyperX Cloud 2
    Mouse Pad QCK+
    OS WIndows 10 Build 2004

at Default C States are enabled( with XMP to ) but with OC the BIOS(v3000+) things you will do Extreme Overclocking and disables all C and power states

Here is default with XMP ( all ok )

to get it back here are my settings, however don't use EIST if Speed Shift is enabled.
    SpeedStep should be Automatically disabled if SpeedShift is enabled, not sure why you can use both.

With Speed Shift On the Windows Task Manager Reports wrong Clocks, you can ignore that.

Last edited by H-de; 04-30-2020 at 08:24 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by H-de View Post
    at Default C States are enabled( with XMP to ) but with OC the BIOS(v3000+) things you will do Extreme Overclocking and disables all C and power states

Here is default with XMP ( all ok )

to get it back here are my settings, however don't use EIST if Speed Shift is enabled.
    SpeedStep should be Automatically disabled if SpeedShift is enabled, not sure why you can use both.

With Speed Shift On the Windows Task Manager Reports wrong Clocks, you can ignore that.

Thanks for the help,

I coped your configuration exactly and I still notice all cores running at max ratios, even under 10% load, so it didn't work for me.

Thanks.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast