cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x570 Viii Hero GPU cant physically fit?

Wedlen
Level 7
So i just built a new computer and my GPU wont fit all the way down in to the slot. The Mobo is X570 VIII Hero and the GPU is the EVGA GTX 1070 sc. The reason it wont go all the way down is one of the plates that is covering the sound vrms on the edge of the motherboard right below the back IO ports, is too high. This is ridiculous. The GPU should most definitely fit. There shouldnt be anything in the way ever.Yes im using enough force. This isnt my first build. IVe been building for almost 20 years now. It fits better in this second slot but not all the way in. But enough for the computer to function. The first slot, which the gpu should go in just wont allow it. So disppointed in this expensive board. Makes me not want to buy ASus ever again
2 REPLIES 2

capybara
Level 7
Use the second PCI-E slot (8 lanes is enough for a GTX 1070 anyway) or simply remove the sound card heatsink. Integrated DAC/Amps don't even need that much cooling, they don't even have powerful amplifiers, and their noise levels are just mediocre at best.

Well the point is how does Asus make a $500 board where one of the most popular cards doesnt even fit in it properly?? ITs ridiculous. Why is it not mentioned anyhwere? I would not have bought it had i known this