cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After running for a couple hours will start to lag.

Crazy42Long
Level 7
I'll be running windows or whatever and after a couple of hours, it will start to lag like inputs and everything for a couple of seconds and then resume running like before, all inputs will then resume so scrolling or moving a window it is frustrating to say the least in video games its life or death.

A restart helps this but then I have to go again every few hours or so.

Here is a link to my setup: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/kMJ8TW

I think it might be something in the bios that I may have overlooked.

I have it using xpm settings for the ram currently overclocked and stable at 4.0 GHz

I've been having issues with this build from day one and they are almost ironed out this seems to be that last looming issue on this beast of a machine I have built.

any sugestions or a link to a guide would be helpful.
5 REPLIES 5

Carlyle2020
Level 10
Hi there,

my gut says the nvidia driver soft-crashes and resets improperly.

Check the windows "system" logs around the timestamps you feel the lags starting.

I use "LatencyMon" to find laggy software running in the background.

Maybe this helps to dial in the issue.

ps You will have to testrun the rig without your overclock at some point. ...Better get done with it i say 😉
Even downclock the gpu 10% for the testrun

found some stuff that I looked into and fixed.
thank you for the tip about the event viewer I'm hoping most the issue was related to this error:

svchost (4884,D,22) SRUJet: The database page read from the file "C:\Windows\system32\SRU\SRUDB.dat" at offset 38387712 (0x000000000249c000) (database page 9371 (0x249B)) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes failed verification because it contains no page data. The read operation will fail with error -1019 (0xfffffc05). If this condition persists then please restore the database from a previous backup. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.

it was a folder permission error I fixed by stopping the diagnostic policy service deleting SRU recreating the folder and setting the SRU folder to be written to by Everyone. I deleted the folder because I had access permissions to it but it wouldn't open up in explorer. now I can see the folder is populated with files again.

One issue I saw is that hard disks randomly surprise disconnect
event warning: Disk X has been surprise removed.
I think its the raid but its working fine and I checked disk performance seems to be normal.
anyways ill keep looking at the logs and stuff.

about the overclock I had my system at optimized defaults and would have a ton of stability issues due to underclocking and CPU stepping
anyways I have it locked at 4.0 GHz and it's been stable and at good temps idle 30c-40c under load like 40c-50c since I did this.

I could lock it to 3.6 but I doubt this is the issue as its lag or something, not thermal throttling.

Carlyle2020
Level 10
Good Luck !
Concentrate on the hard disks 🙂
You should even have spare power and data cables to switch out if you like.

I did a clean boot for my pc as well. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
To say the least I'm super impressed with how fast it booted and how well everything is working.
Honestly, I think a lot of services I had installed had clogged it down.
unfortunately, I have only installed Asus software and drivers that have been provided and the normal gambit of game launchers.
looking at this I'm going to have to plan my next windows install and mitigate some unnecessary services running after drivers are installed and working.

Oh, the HDD issue has been resolved I'm thinking it was because of the intel optain service/intel hdd software I installed not realizing it's not needed for the raid at all.

XYchromosone
Level 10
i was experiencing a similar issue with lag, and found it was ASUS GpuTweakII. Once I uninstalled it my system had no lag issues. There was no system event viewer log regarding GpuTweakII errors?