Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by hazzard.esports View Post
    Hello everyone
    I am an unfortunate owner of a ROG Theta 7.1 and I have the same problem as you.

Has Asus ever done anything to correct the problem of low sound and positioning?
    The Crate software is impossible to use and even has an uninstall application to download ... you should expect that it will bring problems for sure.
    I have the Armory 2 FW 0034 as recommended here, but even so for headphones for about 300 Euros we are very bad about the sound quality and 7.1 positioning.

I await news
    I ordered a Rog Theta before the christmas and currently waiting it to be delivered. I wish I had read this forum previously before ordering.

Do you guys use FW0034 with Armoury Crate or did you have any chance to test and compare Armopury Crate and Armoury 2 for FW0034? Any noticable difference???

ROG Member Array

Hello, I only saw possibly sponsored reviews or something.
    I was also unaware of this forum before I bought Theta 7.1.
    I initially installed Armory 2 and through it a message appeared for me to install Armory Crate which I did but as I am a demanding user I immediately saw that something was not right with the sound and it was then that I started looking for solutions and found this forum that was where I found the information to be able to conduct Rog Theta 7.1.
    Os Theta 7.1 leaves a lot to be desired, the only thing that works well is marketing da Asus Rog.

ROG Member Array

Did you see any noticable difference about sound quality while using Armoury 2 and after installing Armoury Crate?

ROG Member Array

Hello, sorry just for answering now, with Armoury Crate the 7.1 real sound is badly positioned but a little louder, the solution I found was to downgrade firmware v30044 to version 0034 with a tool published here on the forum by a user and use Armoury 2, this was the best I got together with other users.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ROG View Post
    Generally, surround channels do not have a strong presence unless intended - you're not suppose to hear those channels all the time. Those with a full home theatre will be accustomed to this when watching blockbuster movies. Firmware 0034 simulates that experience more than 0038 and 0039.

Some gamers who buy the Theta 7.1 may try them on and expect surround sound channels to be loud all the time and complain about the lack of surround effects. Firmware 0038 and 0039 lower the volume of the front channels for more presence in the surround channels, so the Theta is tuned to be a better gaming headset that appeals to more people. Of course, all this depends on the content and game you're playing.

These two versions are tuned more for games rather than movies. I have tested version 0039 personally and can honestly say they are very loud at max volume (0039 is slightly louder than 0038). If you really want to, you can still revert to 0034.

Link for 0034:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qc...EnZmKp6mhBlHmz

Out of curiosity, what kind of content or games do you find the sound too soft??
    Last edited by hazzard.esports; 01-16-2021 at 07:58 PM.

ROG Member Array

Per aumentare il volume istallate equalizer apo ed aumentare l'aplificazione

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by iadda320 View Post
    Per aumentare il volume istallate equalizer apo ed aumentare l'aplificazione
    Of course, there are many ways to increase the sound, but the point here is that for 300 € headsets this should not be necessary and for a brand like Asus Rog this type of problems does not pay off in your favor, on the contrary.
    Last edited by hazzard.esports; 01-17-2021 at 07:42 AM.

New ROGer Array

I found a fix for the low volume when using 7.1 is to turn the equalizer on and move all the channels to max I gain quite a bit of volume

ROG Member Array

Finally I found the correct solution I think would work for most people

Au contraire to my previous post where I said to use Equalizer APO + Peace for bass boost and to add an LFE channel plus install some utilities, I found a pure Windows solution no Asus software or any utility needed.

After a lot of experimenting with Armory II, Armory Crate and Windows drivers this is what I found to work:

For people watching mostly movies use firmware v34 posted previously in this thread, it makes actors voice more clear and surround effects are not exaggerated and distracting. Newer version v38, v39 amplify the back channels by lowering volume on the front channels. Because of this you can hear ambient sound (even over actors voice) more than you should. Front channel volume: v34 > v39 > v38 ('>' means greater than)

For people using Theta mostly for games chose any version you prefer. I would chose v34 even for games because you can always tune v34 to sound like v38 or v39, but not the other way around, you can't make v38 or v39 sound like v34 because the volume in front in v38 and v39 is capped by the firmware. On version v34 you can lower volume in front channels using balance settings if you want to get same effect as v38 or v39.

About software:

Armoury II - I was not satisfied with the sound quality (low volume, loudness equalization aka. compression not very good), but it is more stable than Armoury Crate.
    Armoury Crate (Beta) - Sound improved since I last tried it. But the software has a lot of bugs and issues. Not gonna sugar-coat it my experience with it is terrible. I tried Version 3.0.11.0 over and over 20+ times, every install meant new problems even when using same image backup to restore the system to a state before install. LFE channel stopped working, update stopped working and so on.

The windows way:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SharedScreenshot.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	88762
    Disable subwoofer Theta is actually just 7.0:

Name:	SharedScreenshot2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	88763
    Set all speakers to full range, LFE channel will be redirected to these speakers:

Name:	SharedScreenshot3.jpg 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	88764
    Enable Bass Management and optionally Loudness Equalization:

Name:	SharedScreenshot4.jpg 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	88765

Hope it helps enjoy!

EDIT: Bonus - The MIC AI noise cancelation is on by default even with this setup, was tested and even confirmed by asus support.
    Last edited by CrHasher; 05-28-2021 at 07:54 AM.

ROG Member Array

Hello CrHasher, thanks for your post.
    The solution I found was to uninstall all software related to Rog Theta and simply connect them to the PC and configure on Windows 10 as you did, the difference was like overnight.
    I do not consider myself an audiophile but I have several high-end headphones and some Dac's / Amp's to listen to music with quality so I have a trained ear, I can hear and feel when the sound does not sound as it should and at this moment it is very good .
    In this way, you can use any software to equalize the audio as you like.
    FXSound
    Boom3D
    Apo + Peace
    hesuvi
    VSTPlugins
    Last edited by hazzard.esports; 05-23-2021 at 08:47 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by hazzard.esports View Post
    Hello CrHasher, thanks for your post.
    The solution I found was to uninstall all software related to Rog Theta and simply connect them to the PC and configure on Windows 10 as you did, the difference was like overnight.
    I do not consider myself an audiophile but I have several high-end headphones and some Dac's / Amp's to listen to music with quality so I have a trained ear, I can hear and feel when the sound does not sound as it should and at this moment it is very good .
    In this way, you can use any software to equalize the audio as you like.
    FXSound
    Boom3D
    Apo + Peace
    hesuvi
    VSTPlugins
    Glad I could help, all that is missing for me now is AutoEQ settings for the Theta, or at least a frequency response graph in order to AutoEQ the headphone myself.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast