Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by CrHasher View Post
    Glad I could help, all that is missing for me now is AutoEQ settings for the Theta, or at least a frequency response graph in order to AutoEQ the headphone myself.
    My system dosn't allow me to select 7.1 surround in windows, Any idea on how to fix this? It only shows Stereo.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by LordSendo View Post
    My system dosn't allow me to select 7.1 surround in windows, Any idea on how to fix this? It only shows Stereo.
    1. If you have Armoury Crate installed uninstall it with "add remove programs" then by using Crate uninstall utility from the Theta support page.
    2. If you have Armoury II, uninstall it.
    3. Uninstall all drivers in device manager:
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SharedScreenshot.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	203.0 KB 
ID:	88850

If all else fails clean install Windows, if that does not work it is a hardware issue.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by CrHasher View Post
    1. If you have Armoury Crate installed uninstall it with "add remove programs" then by using Crate uninstall utility from the Theta support page.
    2. If you have Armoury II, uninstall it.
    3. Uninstall all drivers in device manager:

Name:	SharedScreenshot.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	203.0 KB 
ID:	88850

If all else fails clean install Windows, if that does not work it is a hardware issue.
    Thanks, How Do i install the v34 firmware? I downloaded it from you earlier link but don't know how to install it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Wow, 0034 really transforms the experience -- especially in virtual 7.1 mode, the headphones aren't as muffled/underpowered. Yeah, I'd like to contest the claims that a majority prefers the more 'spacious' experience (with the sacrificing of headphone sound strength) :P

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks, How Do i install the v34 firmware? I downloaded it from you earlier link but don't know how to install it.
    run as 'administrator' the file: UacCodecDownload_AllInOne_RsProxy_2.60

NOTE** > I didn't need to make any further adjustments from my end after doing this... if you believe the paths are right then just press the 'start' button
    ^^ALSO**: Make sure your Theta 7.1 headphones are plugged in...
    ^^ALSO(also xd): Armoury crate may not be messing up my stuff -- BUT just for added measure: use the AC uninstall tool to clean uninstall Armoury Crate (if you have it)...

edit: its a good habit to restart your PC after doing such 'updates' -- save your stuff first though...

ROG Member Array Zion_One-Eyed PC Specs
    Zion_One-Eyed PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS Ultrabook ROG Zephyrus M GU502
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero
    ProcessorINTEL Core i7-10700K
    Memory (part number)GSKILL Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz 16GB (4X4GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG RTX 3080 STRIX OC
    MonitorASUS ROG SWIFT PG329Q + PG279Q
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 1TB
    Storage #2WESTERN DIGITAL Velociraptor 1 TB
    CPU CoolerASUS ROG RIUJYN 360
    CaseASUS ROG STRIX HELIOS
    Power SupplyASUS ROG THOR 1200W
    Keyboard ASUS ROG GK2000 Horus
    Mouse MMO ASUS ROG Spatha - FPS LOGITECH 502 lightspeed
    Headset ASUS ROG Centurion 7.1 - ASUS ROG Theta 7.1 + ROG Throne Qi
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Whetstone + ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers SAMSUNG HT F9750W 1330W 7.1
    OS MICROSOFT Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Network RouterASUS ROG STRIX GS-AX5400
    Accessory #1 LOGITECH G13 Advanced Gameboard
    Accessory #2 ASUS ROG Phone 5
    Accessory #3 ASUS ROG CHARIOT RGB + ROG Spotlight

my volume feels loud and surround but every time I change application the volume jumps to 100 then I wait for 5 seconds and go back to 30 "percentage at which I use it", it always does and it breaks my head, that's why I'm using other headphones, does anyone have the same problem?
    also, sometimes you have to unplug and reconnect the microphone because it doesn't respond

Name:	Screenshot (1).png 
Views:	6 
Size:	488.7 KB 
ID:	91398

Name:	Screenshot (3).png 
Views:	5 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	91399
    Last edited by Zion_One-Eyed; 12-29-2021 at 01:34 AM.

New ROGer Array

Flip the switch on the back to PC.

ROG Junior Member Array

Hey guys! I have this problem with my Theta 7.1 headphones. No matter what I do, I cant get all speakers work. In sound settings I can hear each speaker, but when I listen to music, I can hear only from front speakers. Can anyone help me?

Windows 11 Pro
    Armoury Crate
    Firmware 0039

Name:	THETA.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	285.7 KB 
ID:	92601

ROG Member Array

Rog Theta Ultimate volume issues

Ok, I am absolutely in love with the sound quality and its one of the only good true 7.1 headsets on the market but I am having serious issues. In 7.1 mode particularly, certain types of media, particularly music, are way too quiet and just not rich or full sounding as they should be. Certain types of music seem more effected than others.

I tried using a program that boosts the windows system volume for the specific device, but that had some weird results. For one, if I turned it on while listening, I could actively hear the volume boost then fade back down close to what the volume was before as if there is some sort of active software limiter. While it did boost the volume of my music on par with the stereo mode, it created other issues. For example, when watching videos I could hear whatever software limiter continually make adjustments, sometimes incorrectly to the point that bass would blowout. If you watch the same clip without the preceding sound, no blow out. But if you watch clip with the preceding audio, blowout.

I have tried different music players. I have tried listening to the same music in browser. The only thing that seems to give a full and rich listening experience without added issues is manually switching to stereo mode. This obviously isnt very helpful if I want to listen to music and play a game at the same time. Hopefully someone can help me out. There has to be something I can do because clearly the headset is capable of higher volume levels. Games and movies have proven that. How can I disable whatever volume equalization is going on in this headset? I want to love it, but if I cant fix this issue, I will either have to buy a separate headset just for music listening, or return this one and find a headset that doesnt have these same issues.

*edit* this wouldn't even be as much of an issue is the 7.1 or stereo setting was able to be changed via the scenario profiles. Then I could have it switch to stereo anytime I launched my music player. But unfortunately that is not a setting that is saved via those profiles.
    Last edited by ATOdinson; 05-27-2022 at 10:40 AM. Reason: wanted to add something

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z690-F Gaming WiFi
    Processori7-12700KF
    Memory (part number)Kingston Fury Beast 16GB (2x8GB) 6000MT/s (KF560C40BBK2-16)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 3090 Ti LC OC
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Seagate Firecuda 530 1TB
    CPU CoolerEK Quantum Velocity2
    CaseThermaltake Tower 900
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600 T2
    Keyboard ROG Falchion NX / Strix Flare II
    Mouse ROG Chakram X/Chakram Core/Spatha X
    Headset ROG Delta S Animate
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Prism XL + ROG Scabbard II
    OS Windows 11 Home
    Accessory #1 2x Swiftech Maelstrom X300 D5 V2
    Accessory #2 2x Hardware Labs SR2 560 MP radiators
    Accessory #3 Lamptron FC-5 V3 fan controller

Hi AT0dinson

Some effects can have an impact on sound, when listening to music I set to stereo (virtual surround off), when playing games I turn virtual surround on.

This gives me the best overall sound with the ROG Delta S Animate.

I'm not using any volume booster.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast