cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Theta 7.1 Volume Issue

skyhopper01
Level 9
Hey Folks, So I recently purchased the Theta 7.1 headset to upgrade my ROG DELTA and I have discovered a weird issue when changing the output to 7.1 from stereo in ROG ARMORY. when using 7.1, all sounds become much quieter. I have to use the headset at 100 percent volume and it is not loud at all. Overall the General Volume of this headset does seem to be lower than the Delta. Does anyone have any insight on this issue or perhaps a soloution?
83 REPLIES 83

Stevostin
Level 7
Check if you haven't changed the 7.1volume control, like putting the bass all the way up. I did something like that and in fact, it pushes the audio of your system to the max, but only for the bass, making all the other sounds very low.

makitos666
Level 7
skyhopper01 wrote:
Hey Folks, So I recently purchased the Theta 7.1 headset to upgrade my ROG DELTA and I have discovered a weird issue when changing the output to 7.1 from stereo in ROG ARMORY. when using 7.1, all sounds become much quieter. I have to use the headset at 100 percent volume and it is not loud at all. Overall the General Volume of this headset does seem to be lower than the Delta. Does anyone have any insight on this issue or perhaps a soloution?

I have exactly the same problem, in stereo they sound relatively loud. But when I put 7.1 mode, it sounds very weak.
In fact, I prefer to watch movies in stereo even though the source is 5.1, because nothing is heard.

I come from a strix 7.1 (wired), and I thought that this was improving the hardware, but I think I was wrong.

Premetto che anche io ho lo stesso problema per quanto riguarda la funzione 7.1, il suono è davvero basso anche al massimo. Qualcuno di voi ha aggiornato il firmware da Armoury 2? io si ed il suono è diminuito ulteriormente. Sono molto deluso da Asus!

Javisoft
Level 7
Same problem here ... sound very low.

Ho parlato con Asus Rog e mi hanno detto che è un problema di firmware. A metà aprile rilasceranno uno nuovo firmware che aumenta il volume. Speriamo bene!

iadda320 wrote:
Ho parlato con Asus Rog e mi hanno detto che è un problema di firmware. A metà aprile rilasceranno uno nuovo firmware che aumenta il volume. Speriamo bene!

We will wait then to see if they correct it

iadda320 wrote:

I have what I think is the latest version, 0038.

I have not noticed too much the increase in volume, I still find it unsatisfactory due to the high price I have paid.

I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks so. I hope you are right and they fix it

makitos666 wrote:
I have what I think is the latest version, 0038.

I have not noticed too much the increase in volume, I still find it unsatisfactory due to the high price I have paid.

I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks so. I hope you are right and they fix it
c

con il firmware 0038 il volume si abbassa ancora di più, io ho fatto il reso e con le nuove cuffie sono rimasto con il vecchio firmware 0034 che si sente più forte rispetto allo 0038. Bisogna aspettare il prossimo firmware a metà aprile che a detta di asus dovrebbe aumentare decisamente il volume.

iadda320 wrote:
c

con il firmware 0038 il volume si abbassa ancora di più, io ho fatto il reso e con le nuove cuffie sono rimasto con il vecchio firmware 0034 che si sente più forte rispetto allo 0038. Bisogna aspettare il prossimo firmware a metà aprile che a detta di asus dovrebbe aumentare decisamente il volume.

You have any new?