cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS shows two "working NVMe" SSD's "not present"....

rsweeko
Level 9
...the second NVMe is for games. I tried to add in a third SSD connected to a mobo SATA connector, same not present in BIOS. The disk manager shows the NVMe drives AOK but no third installed SSD shown. I scanned for new hardware, still nothing. This build is completely new and clean from the start. I installed Win10 from an MS usb flash drive. No issues. Installed all my programs, no issues. It is running fine on the two NVMe drives and I didn't find this problem until a few days ago. Of course the return policy at Amazon ran out a day before I found this problem because everything was running great.
I contacted ASUS support and what they suggest is the following:
1. Select Boot -> CSM
2. Change Launch CSM to Disable
3. Go to Secure Boot
4. Set OS type to Other OS
5. Under Key Management,
6. Clear Key Boot key
7. Press F10 to save
8. Install Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
Before I do this, my question here on the forum is, has anyone ever heard of this remedy being used before? Could deleting these Boot keys be the answer to getting BIOS to recognize the SSD's and see them as Present? I am told reinstalling Win10 will delete everything from the main drive and I will have to trust a clone to have no hitches.
3 REPLIES 3

davemon50
Level 11
I have read items 3 thru 6 as a solution before but never tried it. I have had success with items 1 to 2. I wouldn't reinstall W10 if it were me, it's a system thing not a Windows thing.
Davemon50

rsweeko
Level 9
Actually, using a clone would give me the same exact issue, true? Seems like, to avoid having to install all my programs again, I will have to solve this problem without re-installing windows? Is there a way to do that?

Thanks for the reply Davemon. I will keep on researching and go in a little deeper at ASUS to get a solution.