cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

black screen when restarting

Puter
Level 7
i restart or shutdown same thing happens , a black screen before bios screen, the black screen last for sometime , during the time of the black screen before the bioes page ,q-code 64, cpu-AMD RYZEN 5 3600X

ASUS AMD AM4 ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero ,bios Version 1201
2019/12/03 thank you , if you need more info let me know,i can still get into windows
4 REPLIES 4

davemon50
Level 11
Try unplugging everything except a video card and a Windows boot drive. Reboot, test. If no difference, then remove all but one stick of memory (in the slot required by the manual), then reboot, test. If no difference then cycle through each memory stick in that same slot by itself. See if you have any hardware suspects. Also make sure all your fans are spinning "normally".

If you get into Windows then monitor your CPU temperature to see if it looks good to you.
Davemon50

Puter
Level 7
Puter wrote:
i restart or shutdown same thing happens , a black screen before bios screen, the black screen last for sometime , during the time of the black screen before the bioes page ,q-code 64, cpu-AMD RYZEN 5 3600X

ASUS AMD AM4 ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero ,bios Version 1201
2019/12/03 thank you , if you need more info let me know

sorry not to tell you , but it does go into windows eventually

davemon50
Level 11
Indicative of a hardware failure or coming failure. Try what I said above.
Davemon50

i was reading that a external hardrive might cause this so i restarted with it unplugged the WD easystore from the usb 3.1a, it went away , i have a 3.0 internal card i,ll try next,also i read to plug it into a powered usb hub thank you

edit- i tyed both ways the same but if i unplug the external wd hardrive it boots normal

Edit- i tryed both ways , internal usb card & the power hub, still the same way, the only to fix the black screen is to unplug the external hardrive, wd external drives must have a problem asus boards, also tryed another wd external hd , still the same