Did you mean: 

G71gx is a zombie?

Fam1ne
Level 7
So tonight, my g71gx died.

Apparently its become a zombie because its back to life,
Im just worried for how long.

Symptoms:
-I was playing CSS and all of the sudden *poof* it shuts down.
-It stayed off with no signs of life for about 30 minutes. (by no
signs of life I mean no LED's, nothing happening when i press the
power button... nothing)
-i reseated the RAM/HDD everything, still... nothing.
-by far the strangest thing that happened was the power brick, it
would light up fine as long as it wasnt plugged into the computer,
as soon as i did that, it quickly dimmed and nothing happened.
-after about 35 minutes the light came back on (on both the brick
and the buttons on top...

-i started it up and now its working fine....

Im a photographer and i need this pc for a shoot on saturday, im just really worried that
its gonna die and never come back, so my question is, is there anything you guys can think
of that would make it behave this way? or is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?

any help is a lifesaver 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

Have you tried to clean the fans from dust on that notebook to see if that is a heat issue?

If this is a old notebook.... perhaps the CPU needs to get repasted ? (only if this is heat issue related)

You could download CCleaner, and use it to clean the register files that the notebook doesn't use anymore.
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

Anyone know if the power brick for the G74 has anykind of a thermal shutdown? These 150 watt bricks can get steaming hot. I havent had mine shut off but it seems possible with how hot these can get?

Thats my guess anyway Fam1ne.

You can also try running FurMark and see how hot the machine gets. I've had my G74 for about a week and it gets to 60-65c tops in Furmark just for a reference. (This is a far cry from my G53 which would get in the 80c range).
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

Its not a heat issue, now that its running again i've checked all my temps and its reading normal.

I left it on all night last night and it seems to be ok, its really strange 😕