cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Got the new Chakram, Joystick not working in steam & other questions

Brighttail
Level 11
So I've been trying it out and have done the following so far. I've updated the firmware and Armory II software as suggested in the manual. Now it wants me to download Armory Crate and I'm not sure why? It doesn't say to do so in the manual, but it was a pop up that came up after I finished the firmware upgrade. Any reason why this is? I'm unfamiliar with the Armory Crate software and will give it a go but it seems strange that the manual wouldn't suggest me to download the Crate software first, especially considering how new this mouse is.

Concerning the Steam gaming and using the joystick. I have followed the instructions in the manual which says to switch to profile 3 and to go into the Steam Settings to have steam identify the Chakram as a gamepad device. It found the Chakram easy enough but i'm not sure what to do next. I can map any of the buttons to a particular button of a gamepad but nothing seems to work. I have tried to games, one to just see if I could move using the joystick and another game to see if I could swing a golf club. Nothing is happening. The mouse just sort of disappears and nothing seems to be going on. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Overall the mouse seems pretty awesome. Buttons are quite responsive and feel good to press and the scroll wheel is probably the best of any of the Asus mice I have used. The Spatha for example felt really sluggish and heavy. The Chakram feels light and spins nicely. I haven't tested the battery life yet as I just got it so I've got the RGB on full to see how long it will last. The wireless mode is also very good and I can't notice any distinguishable lag or latency. It is right up there with the Logitech G903 and the buttons on the Chakram feel MUCH better and satisfying.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop
35 REPLIES 35

Brighttail
Level 11
It is a shame that no one has this mouse yet or if they do they don't want to admit to it. 🙂
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Nihondzin
Level 7
I have !
But have problem with aura sync on rf mode. My Chakram is flashing red and thats it!!!!

Nihondzin
Level 7
I have one!
Everything working great!!!

Hello,

Also bought the ROG Chakram, and can't assign button in Steam control bindings. I've updated successfylly to the latest firmware and latest ROG Armoury II but unfortenly it still not working have following KitGuru setup guide but it doesn't works at all for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZPydBuOFOk

Hope Asus and Steam can give us better support. otherwise it works great.

Regards
e33et

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
E33et wrote:
Hello,

Also bought the ROG Chakram, and can't assign button in Steam control bindings. I've updated successfylly to the latest firmware and latest ROG Armoury II but unfortenly it still not working have following KitGuru setup guide but it doesn't works at all for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZPydBuOFOk

Hope Asus and Steam can give us better support. otherwise it works great.

Regards
e33et

Did you switch to Profile 3 and reset (revert to default settings)?

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Did you switch to Profile 3 and reset (revert to default settings)?

Nope, but i will give it a try, otherwise perhaps theres a issue or bug drivers/firmware, thanks for the reply.
I'll report back if it still doesn't detect button/axis assignment.

Regards
e33et

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Some people get excited about customising all the profiles before setting up the joystick. You'll need the default settings for profile 3 because the controller buttons need to be assigned and the joystick needs to be in analog mode.

E33et wrote:
Nope, but i will give it a try, otherwise perhaps theres a issue or bug drivers/firmware, thanks for the reply.
I'll report back if it still doesn't detect button/axis assignment.

Regards
e33et

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Some people get excited about customising all the profiles before setting up the joystick. You'll need the default settings for profile 3 because the controller buttons need to be assigned and the joystick needs to be in analog mode.

Thx MasterC@ASUS, didn't know that it has to be on Profile 3 in ROG Armoury II, at last i wish that u had an universal RF 2.4Ghz so my Gladius II Wireless mouse works also on same dongle, annoying to have multiple RF donlge, you could do something like Logitech did, connect more devices to same dongle.
Now i connect Gladius II Wireless through Bluetooth, but i want possible to connect multiple RF devices.

Best Regards
e33eet

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Connecting multiple RF devices simultaneously to the same receiver affects gaming performance. Bluetooth is great for convenience and power saving, but limited to 125Hz polling rate. To set up the joystick, make sure to connect via the RF receiver.