cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AX11000 5.1 signal way lower than 5.2

jbres79
Level 8
Does anyone else have this problem or know why? No matter where i move around my house my 5.2 signal is way stronger than 5.1. I have tried playing around with channels and moving antenna on router.

You can see my 2.4 strongest, than 5.2, than 5.1. Both 5.1 and 5.2 are set to 80mhz.

8 REPLIES 8

D_McD_EMS_USMC
Level 7
jbres79 wrote:
Does anyone else have this problem or know why? No matter where i move around my house my 5.2 signal is way stronger than 5.1. I have tried playing around with channels and moving antenna on router.

You can see my 2.4 strongest, than 5.2, than 5.1. Both 5.1 and 5.2 are set to 80mhz.

Try this:

Set your 5.1 to 80MHz, hard select wireless mode, and select the channel 128 or 124-make sure to uncheck 160MHz

Set your 5.2 channel to 160MHz, hard select wireless mode, and hard select your channel (I use the highest one)

Make sure your 5.1 is not conflicting (channel) with nearby neighbors

Let me know how this works for you.

My GT-AX11000 does exactly the same as did my RT-AC5300 before this.
I always assumed this was normal.

so i have tried multiple ch's and also playing around with the bands. doesnt make a difference. this is so strange. the 5.1 signal is almost unusbale.

BigJohnny
Level 13
2.4 will always be stronger and pass through walls better. The higher the frequency the less ability it has to carry and distance but it can move more traffic at higher frequencies. Tip to avoid this? Pick your location wisely and use mesh wifi or multiple access points. I recommend an access points that are connected by wire to router. Have one on every floor and not a dead spot in the house on 3 floors, one of them the basement.

Tenkei
Level 8
I have the same problem. The 5-2 signal strength is higher than 5-1, even with the same settings on both frequency bands and .7979 firmware. It doesn't bother me that much because I'm also using a range extender for the 5-1 band. Still it makes no sense to me as both are 5ghz.

I have the same problem if this is problem. The 5_2 signal strength 5 meters from router is almost double higher than 5_1 and I agree that 5_1 make almost unusable is there any advice about this?

Same, 5_1 band is unusable unless in same room as router which defeats the purpose of a tri-band router no?

Anyone know if all tri band routers behave this way?

Blake1
Level 10
Dear all,
May you help to double confirm if you are using GT-AX11000 and you have updated to firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.41700 ?
https://rog.asus.com/networking/rog-rapture-gt-ax11000-model/helpdesk_download
Thank you.