cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AX11000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.7979 Issues

alberto_cve
Level 7
1) For some reason the upload gauge on the Bandwith Monitor is not working. I open the BW monitor page and do a speedtest with any device in my network. The upload gauge doesnt move even though the speedtest is actually uploading data.

2) I have an old Laptop with an old wifi card. It picks the 2.4 GHZ with previous firmware, but after the upgrade there's no way to see the network in the available wifi networks of win 10. Other devices pick it up easily but not the old laptop. It just disapears. The card of the old laptop is a Realtek RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter.

I went back to the previous firmware and I'll wait for a new firmware to test these issues again.
5 REPLIES 5

ronspitzer
Level 8
I have had nothing but issues with firmware 7979 (see other posts about this firmware) I cannot use it for more than 15 minutes before it starts failing to allow connections to the internet, no DHCP working, computers cannot see each other on the local network and many other issues. Some of my 2.4Ghz devices will not connect reliably and if they get connected do not function properly, specifically my Honeywell thermostat takes 4 or 5 tries to connect but still does not work properly. Version 6436 seems to be the most stable one right now. I rolled back to it and it has been running for over a month now without a problem.

ronspitzer wrote:
I have had nothing but issues with firmware 7979 (see other posts about this firmware) I cannot use it for more than 15 minutes before it starts failing to allow connections to the internet, no DHCP working, computers cannot see each other on the local network and many other issues. Some of my 2.4Ghz devices will not connect reliably and if they get connected do not function properly, specifically my Honeywell thermostat takes 4 or 5 tries to connect but still does not work properly. Version 6436 seems to be the most stable one right now. I rolled back to it and it has been running for over a month now without a problem.

Have you ever tried to setup from scratch after firmware update after a factory reset of the router. I understand the fact that it may sound stupid to do it why need a factory reset for firmware upgrade. But the fact to reset your router to clear the NVRAM to nothing start all over again. I believed Asus Router team are working hard to perfect their firmware release, having said that.....there is million of network connected device around us. Thus it take time for to determine if problems was due to the Asus firmware. If you think the previous firmware not giving your problems, dont upgrade it. Dont upgrade for the the sake of upgrading. Dont fix if aint broke. for me, I will downgrade to previous version if the latest dont benefit me.

unique904
Level 7
slow wifi connection speed and even slow actual speeds when in use on all bands wifi keeps freezing and stuttering too and sometimes just disconnects all wifi devices and then reconnects with lan devices unaffected.
tried reseting via reset button, firmware update via browser and via asus rescue to make sure the firmware was fresh and new ,setup as new device with same issues.
downgraded firmware to 3.0.0.4.384_6436 and wifi is back to full speed hitting 400mbps with ease but this firmware has its own issues and cant turn off Protected Management Frames with appears to be causing alot of problems with some andriod devices and iot devices.

glenlonsdale90
Level 7
I have an old Laptop with an old wifi card. It picks the 2.4 GHZ with previous firmware, but after the upgrade there's no way to see the network in the available wifi networks of win 10. Other devices pick it up easily but not the old laptop. It just disapears. The card of the old laptop is a Realtek RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter.

I went back to the previous firmware and I'll wait for a new firmware to test these issues again.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm having the exact same issue and i did go back to the old firmware also and it worked.
I noticed they have put out a few firmware after the ones that works and none of them work for me.

do any work for you or is it still a waiting game for them to fix it for us ??