cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on? Am i being attacked?

SirNoName
Level 7
Hey,

I'm actually in desperate need of an expert here.
For about 2 or 3 years I've been having mayor issues with my WiFi, everything is connected through WiFi here. So much that after trying out new WiFi sticks and whatnot i demanded a new modem from my provider and new AP. It didn't seem to solve the issue though to my surprise. I was so sick of losing connections and my GF not even being able to connect with her phone at some times that i decided to ditch the router of my provider and go for a router less modem. Bought this beast GT-AX11000 but i'm still losing connections when gaming way to often.
Luckily this router is packed with monitoring goodies, but i'm afraid this goes way over my head.
Apparently deauthentication hacks are a thing and some pointed in the direction of an attack.

I'm in doubt since this has been going on for so long now, i fail to believe someone still hasn't got my PW to do whatever.
I don't live in a very occupied street anyway.
This is the log

Could it "just be bad firmware"? Or would you think it IS an attack?
Any tips or ideas much appreciated, this has been going on for way too long now. I really hoped this high end router would have been the solution .

Mandatory edit: I did enable Protected Management Frames , and Wi-Fi Agile Multiband
4 REPLIES 4

e38BimmerFN
Level 7
What FW version are you using on the AX router?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Any other devices in your home broadcasting a wifi signal by chance? ROKU, SONOS, anything like this?

What FW version are you using on the AX router?

Signature version
2.164 Updated : 2020/02/22 02:01

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

MOTOROLA / CV6181E (DOCSIS)

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Was on Auto ch2, changed it to 11 now (8 in total 2.4Ghz range). 5Ghz band is 100 and i'm the only one in that range. (4total)

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

2.4 -> 8 ish
5 -> 4

Thx for your help, i have the ability to use "smart connect" :

https://i.imgur.com/giW7Ic1.png

Could this be any help?

Any other devices in your home broadcasting a wifi signal by chance? ROKU, SONOS, anything like this?

No, nothing :S I'm also basically sitting on top of my router. Only one floor apart and no concrete floors.
Usual wifi speed is 22MB/s, tried 3 - 4 wifi sticks already so i'm sure it's not the clients issue.

davemon50
Level 11
Feels to me like you need to upgrade your provider, not your equipment. If you have that much demand on your traffic and they cannot handle it then looking elsewhere is probably appropriate.
Davemon50

Is it just wifi dropping out or are wired connections getting dropped too? Are the wifi drops on both the 2.4 and 5ghz bands? How many devices do you have connected to the wifi on each channel? What are your internet speeds?
The logs you posted look normal. You are going to see things getting authorized and de-authorized as devices are turned on/off or enter/exit power save, etc.
Depending on how many devices you are trying to connect, try to put as many as you can on the 5ghz band and divide those up between 5ghz-1 and 5ghz-2 and avoid 2.4 given how crowded that channel is. If you do use 2.4, try enabling Bluetooth coexistence if you have a lot of bluetooth devices around. Also try disabling ax and 160mhz and avoid dfs channels on the 5ghz to see if that helps, not all devices work will with those settings.