cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX502GV display white saturation issue

vilina
Level 7
Hello,
I have GX502GV for several month, And I had problem with chrome tabs (that's not the reason I opened a thread), the tabs where so white that active tab was almost the same color as inactive one. That what led me in a rabbit hole of configurations. I was not able to find any configuration, that would have fixed it, I've tried all of them: display calibrate, hue saturation changes, brightness nothing helped. While I can change chrome theme and color, oversaturated white is present everywhere. It is so bad that in this test http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/white.php I can see only pattern only for 200.
Is this normal? have anyone encounter with this problem? Is there a fix, or is it a screen issue? Please, help. I am getting blind with all these white.
11 REPLIES 11

vilina
Level 7
So what I found was (in case it helps someone) that, if I enable discrete graphics, then I have display options in nvidia control panel, and I can change display color settings to use nvidia setting from there. But that means that I am always using nvidia instead of integrated graphics card, And that effects battery life significantly.
Changing back result whit same issue, white balance is way off.
Now my question is, if something is wrong with my unit? or is it fixable by some software that allows me to fix white balance and not using discrete graphics all the time?
Please Asus don't ignore this.

vilina wrote:
So what I found was (in case it helps someone) that, if I enable discrete graphics, then I have display options in nvidia control panel, and I can change display color settings to use nvidia setting from there. But that means that I am always using nvidia instead of integrated graphics card, And that effects battery life significantly.
Changing back result whit same issue, white balance is way off.
Now my question is, if something is wrong with my unit? or is it fixable by some software that allows me to fix white balance and not using discrete graphics all the time?
Please Asus don't ignore this.

They literally ignore everything. This will never be fixed. Sorry.

titanfallking wrote:
They literally ignore everything. This will never be fixed. Sorry.

At least community is helpful 🙂

edrickjk
Level 7
Look for the intel control center in the microsoft store, you will be able to set a color profile for the discrete graphic then,

raju2529
Level 7
use the intel graphics command center application , using that application you can control all display an d video settings
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

edrickjk wrote:
Look for the intel control center in the microsoft store, you will be able to set a color profile for the discrete graphic then,

I don't want to use discrete graphics, but Intel control center was what I needed. Thank you!

raju2529 wrote:
use the intel graphics command center application , using that application you can control all display an d video settings

Thank you so much!;) that was what I needed. Now I disabled discrete graphics and after touching anything in Intel command center balance fixed itself. BUT after every sleep and restart they go back to what they were before. I takes me opening command center and just clicking whatever to fix it. Do you perhaps know if there is a way to 'save' it properly, so that it won't jump back on restart?

Intel graphics command center, there is option I think, you can save the profile.

Disable the startup applications using task manager in Windows.

Use CCleaner Software to disable or delete startup items
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

raju2529 wrote:
Intel graphics command center, there is option I think, you can save the profile.

Disable the startup applications using task manager in Windows.

Use CCleaner Software to disable or delete startup items

Thanks again for advise!
Didn't find anything in command center. Made an sRGB profile. The thing that seemed to work was disabling ACMON from startup and removing it from processes. There were cases reported that acmon was changing color temperature.
Thanks for helping again.;)

If you get any problems in windows , you can reply to me. I will help you without reinstalling the windows.
if you from india you can contant asus zentalk global forum via PM.