cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g53sw sz192v problems .

EightySixPHP
Level 7
Hi everyone.Few months ago I've bought a asus g series notebook from a romanian online store (emag.ro).First time I received the notebook broken and after they send me back a brand new one.All was ok until problems have shown.The power button had delay , each time when I close the lid the screen remains black , broken ac jack plug pin (he came out of the ac jack plug) , and more .I've send the notebook to the service for about 5-6 times.Last time they change my motherboard and the charger with a g53jw components.Now when i startup an aplication or someting he shutdowns.If you know some fixies which I might make, post under.
3 REPLIES 3

dstrakele
Level 14
1) Tell us the exact steps, in as much detail as possible, to reproduce your issue.

2) Is it a) the application (what is the name of the application?) that shuts down or b) the entire system?

3) Do you a) get a Blue Screen (BSOD) or b) does the laptop just immediately die?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

I've repaired the notebook myself.For those who had problems with power button , unplug the touchpad from the notebook and he will start very quilckly , and if your asus g53sw is shutdowning without a reason , change the thermal paste.Nice to meet you all . 🙂

dstrakele
Level 14
Hi @EightySixPHP. It sounds like you may be experiencing the magnetic switch issue discussed in http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5396-Magnetic-sensor-switch-issue-on-Asus-G53SW-XN1-when-cl....
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT