cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Conectors near PC...

Mordorr
Level 8
Hello group:

This weekend my old 14 years power source Corsair, R.I.P..

Bought a new Seasonic 650wts Platinium.

However, i only could connect to the MB 6 connectors, (on the top near CPU). There are 4 smaller without cable connected.

My old Corsair had cables to conect the 2 plugs on the Board Asus Crossair VII Hero 470....but not the Seasonic.

Anyway.

Does the fact of 4 power connector aren`t connect affects my MB OC Stability and better power supply?

If necessary i can put photos.

Thank you in advance!
12 REPLIES 12

Baio73
Level 8
Mordorr wrote:
Hello group:

This weekend my old 14 years power source Corsair, R.I.P..

Bought a new Seasonic 650wts Platinium.

However, i only could connect to the MB 6 connectors, (on the top near CPU). There are 4 smaller without cable connected.

My old Corsair had cables to conect the 2 plugs on the Board Asus Crossair VII Hero 470....but not the Seasonic.

Anyway.

Does the fact of 4 power connector aren`t connect affects my MB OC Stability and better power supply?

If necessary i can put photos.

Thank you in advance!

If 've searched well your PSU in Seasonic website, it should have two 4/8 pin CPU cables:

https://ibb.co/F5D0Q91

The second one should "split" in two, so you can plug it into the vacant connector,

Baio
CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3D COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming Wifi RAM 2x16Gb Corsair Dominator Titanium 6000 [CMP32GX5M2B6000Z30] PSU Asus Thor 1200P VGA Asus ROG Strix RX 6900XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD NVMe WD Black SN850 4Tb INPUT Logitech Pro wireless + Powerplay + Corsair MM 700 RGB - Corsair K100

Mordorr
Level 8
Strange.
My previous 630 Corsair had that smal 4 pin cable....not this one. One 8, and no slipt 4 pins....

Gonna check box again....

Double check. No 4 pin cable.

Old Corsair, MB, 8Pin and 4Pin were already part of power supply...this is a modern MB....strange at minimum.

Gonna call seller tomorrow.

Mordorr
Level 8
Ok.
Youre right: its 2 (4+4)

But where and how do i connect the remain 4 pins, like i had previously?

https://imgur.com/b6GP2ej

Mordorr wrote:
Ok.
Youre right: its 2 (4+4)

But where and how do i connect the remain 4 pins, like i had previously?

https://imgur.com/b6GP2ej

Split the second cable in 2 and one part is gonna fit in the connector at the left of the 8-pin one.

Baio
CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3D COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming Wifi RAM 2x16Gb Corsair Dominator Titanium 6000 [CMP32GX5M2B6000Z30] PSU Asus Thor 1200P VGA Asus ROG Strix RX 6900XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD NVMe WD Black SN850 4Tb INPUT Logitech Pro wireless + Powerplay + Corsair MM 700 RGB - Corsair K100

Mordorr
Level 8
Baio

Didn`t understant. I need another cable that Seasonic didnt provide.
Maybe another one as this one.....

Mordorr
Level 8
What should exist:

https://imgur.com/NUO6qWZ

What is the Model Number of the Power supply you are trying to use? Saying it's a "Seasonic 650wts Platinium" doesn't do us anything to see what connectors it comes with as Seasonic has multiple series of Platinum power supplies at 650 watts.

Either way, unless you are doing some extreme overclocking you don't need the "4-Pin" CPU connector. Only the 8-Pin CPU connector plugged in is sufficient. Unless you are going to do some extreme overclocking like I said, and from the sound of your experience...you should not overclock!

Mordorr
Level 8
Model: SSR-650PD Active PFC F3
Prime Ultra 650 Platinium.

Its true what you say. However, did read some gurus also talking about stability of the lineas far i could understand.
What is strange is a old 14 powersupply had this connection, and a new one don`t. This isn`t only Seasonic politic. Other brands follow this "trend"...

But this board is new, and the 4pin is there for some reason.

Think gonna search a old 4pin to molex i had somewhere.....

I only have a 2700X@4000mhz, and to be honest so far no issues. Thats why i questions here on this forum.

Gonna dig a little more.

Thank you!

That Model only has 1 CPU cable that is the 8-Pin type made up of 4+4 pins. And since your board has the 1x 8-pin and 1x 4-pin, just connect the cable with the 8-pin (4+4) to the 8-pin on your motherboard. Leave the 4-pin next to it empty as you have no extra 4+4 pin cable for it. Like I said, unless your doing some extreme OC'ing, you're fine.