Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio8903 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am writing to you from Italy because I have the exact same problem.
    I have this notebook since November 2018 and after using it for 1 year almost always with power for work, I realized that the battery was dead, wear level 70%. I also had the annoying drain and drop problem at 0%.

I thought it was the fault of the use, although with myasus I had set to never load more than 60%.

In March 2020 I sent the PC to service and they changed my battery but I had to pay because the warranty on the battery is only 1 year.

He has been back for a month and the problem of drop to 0 is still there, but I noticed a very strange thing.
    If the PC has a charge of more than 40/50% when I turn it off, the PC has no problems with restarting, except for 1 or 2% loss after 1 day from shutdown.

I did a test, 2 days ago, I turned on the PC and not remembering what was the percentage with which I had turned it off the night before, the first restart I immediately entered the bios where it indicated 31% of remaining battery. Restarting and nothing on the windows screen the pc turns off and the low battery led flashes.

I connect it to the power and always turn it back on first by entering the bios, where it says 0% ... Then I restart it and as in the bios also windows says 0%.

Is it possible that this problem only happens when the pc is below 30%?

Thanks so much
    yes this is the exact problem of all here... no problem if the laptop is above 50-60%, but if you let laptop at about 30-50% left when you shutdown then at the start there's this risk of going to 0%. Actually i really don't know what's happening here, but this is just crazy... waiting news from Marioos that sended again laptop on rma

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by gieffe22 View Post
    yes this is the exact problem of all here... no problem if the laptop is above 50-60%, but if you let laptop at about 30-50% left when you shutdown then at the start there's this risk of going to 0%. Actually i really don't know what's happening here, but this is just crazy... waiting news from Marioos that sended again laptop on rma
    Today the same problem at 35% ... and i paid 65 euro for the battery....

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio8903 View Post
    Today the same problem at 35% ... and i paid 65 euro for the battery....
    i know man...they replaced my battery free on january (2 months before the 1 year cover for battery) but as you and others didn't solve anything.

As you my use is pretty desktop based, so i use little the battery, and for that is not a big problem for me, just i'll be sure to charge at 100% before i'll go out of home... the good thing is that barely it goes crazy if you have charged to 100% even if you use it from 100 to 30% in 1 hours gaming on it on battery, it will restart without problems.

The problem triggers only if you let it under 40-60% for all the night or many many hours and then starts or reboot your pc.

I'm still thinking that something off even with software but i'm not a technician...

New ROGer Array

Same baterry problem!

From my point of view it is a big problem, especially how much this laptop costs. I spoke to the Asus center and they told me to send the laptop to see if it was the battery or the motherboard. But all services started with changing the battery (and my case is over 1 year old and the battery must be paid). And after you see that it's not the battery, it's money wasted ... I have a 17% wear level on the battery. I tried the following test: on the battery the performance setting should be lower. I'm still in tests, so far he hasn't done it (1 start at 59%). Does the new replaced battery have a warranty? We are waiting to see what the Marioss did.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by enriquecs2005 View Post
    From my point of view it is a big problem, especially how much this laptop costs. I spoke to the Asus center and they told me to send the laptop to see if it was the battery or the motherboard. But all services started with changing the battery (and my case is over 1 year old and the battery must be paid). And after you see that it's not the battery, it's money wasted ... I have a 17% wear level on the battery. I tried the following test: on the battery the performance setting should be lower. I'm still in tests, so far he hasn't done it (1 start at 59%). Does the new replaced battery have a warranty? We are waiting to see what the Marioss did.
    Asus italy told me the new battery have 3 month of warranty. After 1 month of use i have lost 6% of the life of the replaced battery, normally is 10 % in 1 year...

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by gieffe22 View Post
    i know man...they replaced my battery free on january (2 months before the 1 year cover for battery) but as you and others didn't solve anything.

As you my use is pretty desktop based, so i use little the battery, and for that is not a big problem for me, just i'll be sure to charge at 100% before i'll go out of home... the good thing is that barely it goes crazy if you have charged to 100% even if you use it from 100 to 30% in 1 hours gaming on it on battery, it will restart without problems.

The problem triggers only if you let it under 40-60% for all the night or many many hours and then starts or reboot your pc.

I'm still thinking that something off even with software but i'm not a technician...

i understand that is not a big problem because you can charge 100% and it is ok ... but the big problem is thea after 1 year and 3 month i have lost 68 % of the life of the battery and now after only 1 month i lost the 6 % of the life of the new battery...

if the problem didn't destroy the battery in such a short time it wouldn't have been a big deal. But in this case it is not admissible.

New ROGer Array

So my problem solved, the 2nd time i sent it, 1st time the just replaced the battery, didnt worked, 2nd time they instaled a new bios version the 312 one. Of corse ive searched before i sent it for new bios on the ASUS website with drivers, and the last one that i saw there was that one i have instaled already, the latest one the 311, so they istaled me a version that is not even online for us, thats extremly funny but anyway. Now the laptop (i think) is working, i didnt test it in extreme % like below 10% bot in 19% it did work. Asus Power. My next product is going to be Asus, not

New ROGer Array

Same baterry problem!

Very good news Marioss, please let us know if the problem comes back. Where can we get the new version of bios 312?Thx!!!

L.E. the new version of bios is located in: C:\Windows\Firmware\{0171a52c-e37b-584e-9626-623a5478d895}, can you copy and send as?
    Last edited by enriquecs2005; 05-12-2020 at 07:17 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I am having the same issue on my GL504GW! The latest BIOS version 305 from August 2019 I wish they would release a new version to fix this issue

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by mbushnaq00 View Post
    I am having the same issue on my GL504GW! The latest BIOS version 305 from August 2019 I wish they would release a new version to fix this issue
    i was having the same issue on the same model. I reformated my computer and it is working fine so far (knocks on wood) probably a windows update?

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast