Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    New ROGer Array vashish27 PC Specs
    vashish27 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG Strix SCAR II
    MotherboardGL504GW
    ProcessorIntel i7 8750H
    Graphics Card #1nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 mobile

Quote Originally Posted by silvergem View Post
    Do you have Myasus app installed? ive noticed that the recent version does not minimize on taskbar anymore. so when u setup an maximum health charging by default, it wll reset and will charge to 100 percent
    haha, I was about to post just the same.
    I have myASUS app version 2.2.38.0 (latest), health charging function is broken and the battery keeps on charging until full. (mine minimizes to taskbar though)
    But this is not app's problem, it started happening after updating the Asus System Control Interface driver to version 1.0.31.0
    Have you also noticed that after installing this driver, the battery is charging at a much slower rate than before. Maybe thats how ASUS wants.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by vashish27 View Post
    haha, I was about to post just the same.
    I have myASUS app version 2.2.38.0 (latest), health charging function is broken and the battery keeps on charging until full. (mine minimizes to taskbar though)
    But this is not app's problem, it started happening after updating the Asus System Control Interface driver to version 1.0.31.0
    Have you also noticed that after installing this driver, the battery is charging at a much slower rate than before. Maybe thats how ASUS wants.
    Based on changelog and website, they remove the minimize on notification. SInce they make the changes, the battery health charging default on 100%, hence cause an issue on battery wear.

vashish27 PC Specs
    MotherboardGL504GW
    ProcessorIntel i7 8750H

Based on changelog and website, they remove the minimize on notification. SInce they make the changes, the battery health charging default on 100%, hence cause an issue on battery wear.
    I didn't find what you are suggesting on changelog (see screenshot). Where did you see it?
    Anyway for me, after a restart health charging is not working. But if I open myASUS and reselect any charging mode (balanced or maximum lifetime), in this case health charging starts working even if i close the app.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	myasus.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	293.6 KB 
ID:	86352

New ROGer Array

I didn't find what you are suggesting on changelog (see screenshot). Where did you see it?
    Anyway for me, after a restart health charging is not working. But if I open myASUS and reselect any charging mode (balanced or maximum lifetime), in this case health charging starts working even if i close the app.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	myasus.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	293.6 KB 
ID:	86352

it was on previous changelog

vashish27 PC Specs
    MotherboardGL504GW
    ProcessorIntel i7 8750H

it was on previous changelog
    But health charging was working fine on previous version. It was working perfectly even with new version until Asus system control interface driver was updated.
    For me atleast this is what happened, but as I said these Asus softwares sometimes gives different problems on different systems. So maybe you're right as well

vashish27 PC Specs
    MotherboardGL504GW
    ProcessorIntel i7 8750H

So **** happened again last night. I switched off the laptop at around 02:00AM with about 75% battery. Then started at around noon the next morning i.e. after approximately 10 hours. My bad, I did not notice the battery level cos it has not been giving me problems since the last 7-8 months. After about 10-15 minutes of browsing, i noticed that a windows update is asking for restart.. So I restarted and BOOM it could not go past the loading screen and shut down on its own because the battery was ZERO. I was able to start the pc only after plugging in the charger and yeah , the battery indicator was showing 0% .
    Also I checked that battery wear suddenly increased to about 70% (that is only 30% battery life remaining) . Although the wear level became normal (approx 15% for me) after i recharged the laptop to full 100% and some more.

I could not find or was not able to find anything in the event viewer.

Now, the important part : only thing that I did differently in last 4-5 days is that I started using ASUS health charging much more, i.e. keeping the laptop plugged in for long hours at "maximum lifetime" mode. So maybe , this software is the culprit.
    Last edited by vashish27; 10-12-2020 at 06:40 PM.

New ROGer Array

So **** happened again last night. I switched off the laptop at around 02:00AM with about 75% battery. Then started at around noon the next morning i.e. after approximately 10 hours. My bad, I did not notice the battery level cos it has not been giving me problems since the last 7-8 months. After about 10-15 minutes of browsing, i noticed that a windows update is asking for restart.. So I restarted and BOOM it could not go past the loading screen and shut down on its own because the battery was ZERO. I was able to start the pc only after plugging in the charger and yeah , the battery indicator was showing 0% .
    Also I checked that battery wear suddenly increased to about 70% (that is only 30% battery life remaining) . Although the wear level became normal (approx 15% for me) after i recharged the laptop to full 100% and some more.

I could not find or was not able to find anything in the event viewer.

Now, the important part : only thing that I did differently in last 4-5 days is that I started using ASUS health charging much more, i.e. keeping the laptop plugged in for long hours at "maximum lifetime" mode. So maybe , this software is the culprit.
    they dont care. also the issue on battery health charging was present on other laptops

vashish27 PC Specs
    MotherboardGL504GW
    ProcessorIntel i7 8750H

they dont care. also the issue on battery health charging was present on other laptops
    Hell with it, I am not using it any more. Because discharging fully down to 0% is way way more harmful for the battery life as compared to being plugged in at 100%.

So if my battery got drained to zero for 10-12 times, then it has already done more damage to my battery than it will ever improve by the so called health charging.

New ROGer Array

Hell with it, I am not using it any more. Because discharging fully down to 0% is way way more harmful for the battery life as compared to being plugged in at 100%.

So if my battery got drained to zero for 10-12 times, then it has already done more damage to my battery than it will ever improve by the so called health charging.
    There is windows default power settings that out laptop will go to sleep for certain minutes

vashish27 PC Specs
    MotherboardGL504GW
    ProcessorIntel i7 8750H

There is windows default power settings that out laptop will go to sleep for certain minutes
    Sorry I did not understand which setting are you talking about? Is it beneficial?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast