Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Same problem to my ASUS ROG GL704GV with bios version 309. Sometimes when I turn on the laptop the battery is completly dead. I want to clear that there is no other problem I mean that the battery holds charge to 4-5 hours. It charges normally. Probably there is a problem with the software. I do not think that there is a hardware issue. Lets hope that ASUS will do some work to fix this. But when........?

ROG Enthusiast Array vashish27 PC Specs
    vashish27 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG Strix SCAR II
    MotherboardGL504GW
    ProcessorIntel i7 8750H
    Graphics Card #1nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 mobile

Quote Originally Posted by atskoto View Post
    Same problem to my ASUS ROG GL704GV with bios version 309. Sometimes when I turn on the laptop the battery is completly dead. I want to clear that there is no other problem I mean that the battery holds charge to 4-5 hours. It charges normally. Probably there is a problem with the software. I do not think that there is a hardware issue. Lets hope that ASUS will do some work to fix this. But when........?
    Welcome to the club, I dont think ASUS is gonna do something about this because it seems that this problem is not common to all laptops in this series. Otherwise it would have been a much more hyped issue and maybe a bigger thread for this thing.
    Maybe we are just unlucky or maybe we are doing some things which are causing this.

Anyway I have noticed that the problem escalates itself when I use ASUS battery health charging from within the MyAsus app.

Have you noticed battery wear level increasing at the time of this issue???
    Are you using 'maximum lifespan' or 'balanced' mode for battery from within the MyAsus app.???

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by vashish27 View Post
    Welcome to the club, I dont think ASUS is gonna do something about this because it seems that this problem is not common to all laptops in this series. Otherwise it would have been a much more hyped issue and maybe a bigger thread for this thing.
    Maybe we are just unlucky or maybe we are doing some things which are causing this.

Anyway I have noticed that the problem escalates itself when I use ASUS battery health charging from within the MyAsus app.

Have you noticed battery wear level increasing at the time of this issue???
    Are you using 'maximum lifespan' or 'balanced' mode for battery from within the MyAsus app.???
    I think the issue is actually very common, but people do not notice it because it used most of the time while plugged in as with every gaming laptop.

I believe Asus is just not making this fix a priority because it's an old model, and by mid-2021 most of these laptop models will be out of warranty.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mbushnaq00 View Post
    I think the issue is actually very common, but people do not notice it because it used most of the time while plugged in as with every gaming laptop.

I believe Asus is just not making this fix a priority because it's an old model, and by mid-2021 most of these laptop models will be out of warranty.
    Hello everyone!
    I also had the same problem for almost a year with my model GL504GW. It frequently drops to 0% immediately after starting up, it is a crazy error. I really want to sell it to level up another model, but I need a clear answer from the ASUS service. What a bad service!!!

ROG Member Array

Ok, the new Bios 312 indeed fix it, but for some months only, now it does it again, with even higher percentage the batter, today i restarted it with 65% percentage and get to 0% immediatly and shut it down.

Anyone got some good news?

New ROGer Array

Same here rog strix scar ii Gl704gw bios 309. Didn't have this problem back in April when i had bios 306, windows 1809 as i can remember.
    So, what have we found? Why this occurs? Is it a software problem from asus programmes,a windows update problem,an intel update problem, a bios problem?

New ROGer Array

Hey everyone. Does anyone else experience a problem where the charger keeps connecting/disconnecting? It happened few days ago, I'm not sure if it's a problem with battery/motherboard/software or charger. For the reference my laptop is GL504gm GTX 1060 and it is 2 years old

vashish27 PC Specs
    MotherboardGL504GW
    ProcessorIntel i7 8750H

Quote Originally Posted by HellSoul View Post
    Hey everyone. Does anyone else experience a problem where the charger keeps connecting/disconnecting? It happened few days ago, I'm not sure if it's a problem with battery/motherboard/software or charger. For the reference my laptop is GL504gm GTX 1060 and it is 2 years old
    Nope, must be something else. As a first step, maybe try a different charger. Even if not original, you will easily find compatible ones lying around or from a local repair shop.

vashish27 PC Specs
    MotherboardGL504GW
    ProcessorIntel i7 8750H

Guys, help please. Now I am getting this crap 0% battery everyday upon starting from shutdown (after leaving overnight). No matter how much is the battery percentage.
    I know and have experienced before that if I do a windows reset, it will work for a few days until some updates... But I don't have time and don't want to go through the whole windows reset process again.

Has anyone been able to replicate this behavior??? Asking because maybe we can avoid doing certain things to prevent the issue happening.

ROG Member Array

Exclamation Third RMA results

Quote Originally Posted by vashish27 View Post
    Guys, help please. Now I am getting this crap 0% battery everyday upon starting from shutdown (after leaving overnight). No matter how much is the battery percentage.
    I know and have experienced before that if I do a windows reset, it will work for a few days until some updates... But I don't have time and don't want to go through the whole windows reset process again.

Has anyone been able to replicate this behavior??? Asking because maybe we can avoid doing certain things to prevent the issue happening.
    I would ask the same question, in lights of recent RMA I have completed few days ago.

They made pay a new battery for 60 euros, but they also changed motherboard and switched plastic connectors for the fans I suppose. I have made the classic test to take the battery down to 60% and boot it up again the next day and it did not die. More importantly, it did not die even after a week of no utilization after the test, and the battery was still around 58%ish and gradually discharged after some hours of utilization down to 30% with no issues.

Yeah, it seems we are talking about fairy tales but this is the actual behaviour that any laptop should go through.

Now the most important question is: how do I maintain it? After seeing such results I avoid loading the previous backup via Veeam and just transferred the files from a normal data backup, and started installing back the programs one by one. I still haven't changed any power save configurations and just left it as the technicians left it.

Any suggestions? Do you need me to show you some reports to help you out?

I really suggest to make a RMA if you still have the warranty, with everything we found out and leave for the technicians a folder with all reports and links to this topic to make them understand what a lot of people is experiencing.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast