Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ASUS View Post
    Dear all,
    for those who have send your device to service center but did not fix the problem,
    please PM me your SN and RMA number.
    I will confirm that BIOS 312 issue as well.
    Really sorry for all the inconvenience caused.
    Thank you.
    PM sent

ROG Enthusiast Array

ASUS has recently released BIOS version 306 for the SCAR II GL504GW. The update is not available on the ASUS driver website yet, however, you can update through device manager > firmware > system firmware.

Also, I would like to mention that the issue stopped happening with me for the past week. I am not sure what is the reason, but I have done the following:

- Did a "Refresh this PC" and reinstalled all my apps.
    - Performed a driver cleanup using "DriveStoreExplorer" and removed outdated and unused drivers (it turns out "Refresh this PC" retains all the drivers installed even after the refresh is completed)
    - Updated Windows 10 to the latest version 2004
    - Updated IMEI to version 1952.14.10.1470
    - Updated Intel Dynamic Tuning to version 8.7.10200.12510
    - Updated Intel Rapid Storage Technology to version 17.8.0.1065
    - Did a lot of battery charge/discharge cycles, however not going below 20%.

Now everytime I boot my PC the next day, even if its at 30% battery, it would function normally.

I would like to mention that I have never replaced the battery or done any hardware changes on the laptop.
    Last edited by mbushnaq00; 06-03-2020 at 05:54 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mbushnaq00 View Post
    ASUS has recently released BIOS version 306 for the SCAR II GL504GW. The update is not available on the ASUS driver website yet, however, you can update through device manager > firmware > system firmware.

Also, I would like to mention that the issue stopped happening with me for the past week. I am not sure what is the reason, but I have done the following:

- Did a "Refresh this PC" and reinstalled all my apps.
    - Performed a driver cleanup using "DriveStoreExplorer" and removed outdated and unused drivers (it turns out "Refresh this PC" retains all the drivers installed even after the refresh is completed)
    - Updated Windows 10 to the latest version 2004
    - Updated IMEI to version 1952.14.10.1470
    - Updated Intel Dynamic Tuning to version 8.7.10200.12510
    - Updated Intel Rapid Storage Technology to version 17.8.0.1065
    - Did a lot of battery charge/discharge cycles, however not going below 20%.

Now everytime I boot my PC the next day, even if its at 30% battery, it would function normally.

I would like to mention that I have never replaced the battery or done any hardware changes on the laptop.
    Hi mbushnaq,

By refresh do you mean the "reset" through WIndows?
    Are you able to link or screenshot all of this procedure for not so savvy people like myself? Thanks.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by dan_himura View Post
    Hi mbushnaq,

By refresh do you mean the "reset" through WIndows?
    Are you able to link or screenshot all of this procedure for not so savvy people like myself? Thanks.
    Hi, refer to the attached screenshot, you can go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery then click "Get Started" under "Refresh this PC"

Make sure you backup everything before performing the refresh.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos reset.jpg  

Last edited by mbushnaq00; 06-03-2020 at 01:47 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mbushnaq00 View Post
    Hi, refer to the attached screenshot, you can go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery then click "Get Started" under "Refresh this PC"

Make sure you backup everything before performing the refresh.
    Yes for the reset I understood, it is all the rest that I don't know where to update.

New ROGer Array

Same baterry problem!

I instaled win 10 pro last version 2004 and the problem persist. I think the origin of the problem is hardware...

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by vashish27 View Post
    Hey Sergio, any update? Hope the problem is resolved for you.
    If so, can you please check in your power settings if the fast startup is enabled or disabled..
    Also same for wake timers in advanced power settings
    Thanks
    Problem solved

The fast startup is enable and the fastboot in the bios is enable.

But now i have another problem, after the update at 2004 of windows , if before the battery life, watching a movie or surfing the internet was 4/5 hours, now it is maximum 2 hours.

New ROGer Array vashish27 PC Specs
    vashish27 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG Strix SCAR II
    MotherboardGL504GW
    ProcessorIntel i7 8750H
    Graphics Card #1nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio8903 View Post
    Problem solved

The fast startup is enable and the fastboot in the bios is enable.

But now i have another problem, after the update at 2004 of windows , if before the battery life, watching a movie or surfing the internet was 4/5 hours, now it is maximum 2 hours.
    Good to know,
    I hope you are using "silent" or "windows" mode in Armoury crate software. You can check corresponding settings in windows power options. If you choose "balanced" in Armoury, then it will generally apply high performance power settings.
    I recently upgraded to Windows 2004, got some other issues but not related to battery life

ROG Enthusiast Array

the issue came back today after a month it seems if I keep the laptop connected to the power for a long time, even though its configured in balanced mode, the issue reappears

New ROGer Array

I also have same issue with wear level and the issue was resolved when it was charged up to 100 percent. the wear level is only 14%

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast