Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Maybe the issue is related to Asus System Control Interface? I've update mine today and got duplicate same version. So I've update the another one manually and uninstalled the another one

Asus System Control Interface

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by silvergem View Post
    Maybe the issue is related to Asus System Control Interface? I've update mine today and got duplicate same version. So I've update the another one manually and uninstalled the another one

Asus System Control Interface
    I updated manually as well to version 1.0.31.0 but I am only getting a single driver.

Btw the battery issue still remains even after the update

New ROGer Array vashish27 PC Specs
    vashish27 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG Strix SCAR II
    MotherboardGL504GW
    ProcessorIntel i7 8750H
    Graphics Card #1nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 mobile

Hey Silvergem and mbushnaq,
    BTW how you guys updated AsusSystemControlInterface drivers to 1.0.31.0 ? If you dont mind, could you give brief steps.
    I downloaded and ran the executable from ASUS supports/drivers webpage but seems nothing changed in the device manager..
    Last edited by vashish27; 09-19-2020 at 06:57 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by vashish27 View Post
    Hey Silvergem and mbushnaq,
    BTW how you guys updated AsusSystemControlInterface drivers to 1.0.31.0 ? If you dont mind, could you give brief steps.
    I downloaded and ran the executable from ASUS supports/drivers webpage but seems nothing changed in the device manager..
    the executable just extracts the files and does not install anything. you need to go the location where the file was extracted and run the install.bat as an administrator for it to install successfully

vashish27 PC Specs
    MotherboardGL504GW
    ProcessorIntel i7 8750H

Quote Originally Posted by mbushnaq00 View Post
    the executable just extracts the files and does not install anything. you need to go the location where the file was extracted and run the install.bat as an administrator for it to install successfully
    Thanks for reply,
    sorry for being a noob but as you can see in the screenshots, there is one Install_innCMD.bat file in the outer folder and another install.bat in the folder with all the other files. Which one of these am I supposed to run.
    I am being extra careful as I am also troubleshooting something with the crap Armoury Crate software and dont want to break something else by doing something wrong.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	384.6 KB 
ID:	86329

Name:	2.jpg 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	86330

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks for reply,
    sorry for being a noob but as you can see in the screenshots, there is one Install_innCMD.bat file in the outer folder and another install.bat in the folder with all the other files. Which one of these am I supposed to run.
    I am being extra careful as I am also troubleshooting something with the crap Armoury Crate software and dont want to break something else by doing something wrong.

Name:	1.jpg 
Size:	384.6 KB 
ID:	86329

Name:	2.jpg 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	86330
    Use the install.bat on the second screenshot, the first one will just throw an error without any modifications
    Last edited by mbushnaq00; 09-19-2020 at 06:04 PM.

vashish27 PC Specs
    MotherboardGL504GW
    ProcessorIntel i7 8750H

Use the install.bat on the second screenshot, the first one will just throw an error without any modifications
    Thanks mate, done.
    Don't know what it does though . No change log given by ASUS, have not noticed any difference in ASUS softwares and system behavior.

About the battery issue, I have learned to live happily by making sure my battery is >50% when I shut down. Once in a few days just for checking, I switch off with battery in low/mid 40's and leave overnight (sometimes even longer for like 20 hrs) and have not faced battery draining problem in the last few months.

I am using ASUS battery health charging but I do make sure to disable it from time to time and let the battery discharge/charge across a wider percentage range.

Because of this f'kng problem, my battery have already drained to zero several times and hence has lost a lot of capacity in just an year. So I am just not bothered anymore in troubleshooting it and doing just as i mentioned above.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks mate, done.
    Don't know what it does though . No change log given by ASUS, have not noticed any difference in ASUS softwares and system behavior.

About the battery issue, I have learned to live happily by making sure my battery is >50% when I shut down. Once in a few days just for checking, I switch off with battery in low/mid 40's and leave overnight (sometimes even longer for like 20 hrs) and have not faced battery draining problem in the last few months.

I am using ASUS battery health charging but I do make sure to disable it from time to time and let the battery discharge/charge across a wider percentage range.

Because of this f'kng problem, my battery have already drained to zero several times and hence has lost a lot of capacity in just an year. So I am just not bothered anymore in troubleshooting it and doing just as i mentioned above.
    the thing is that we have paid a premium price for these laptops ($2600 in my case) and it shouldnt be acceptable to have basic feature not functioning as it should. I have had to many laptops that are way cheaper than this and never have I seen a battery that drops charge like this. In top of that, Asus have stopped responding even though the issue has been reported too many times for months. I guess last years model is no longer a priority for them to fix.

vashish27 PC Specs
    MotherboardGL504GW
    ProcessorIntel i7 8750H

the thing is that we have paid a premium price for these laptops ($2600 in my case) and it shouldnt be acceptable to have basic feature not functioning as it should. I have had to many laptops that are way cheaper than this and never have I seen a battery that drops charge like this. In top of that, Asus have stopped responding even though the issue has been reported too many times for months. I guess last years model is no longer a priority for them to fix.
    Ya, tell me that. I got GL504GW with RTX2070 which was just launched when I bought it.
    And less than a month later they released SCAR III in almost same price range. So my latest 2.5k laptop was suddenly "previous generation"

New ROGer Array

Ya, tell me that. I got GL504GW with RTX2070 which was just launched when I bought it.
    And less than a month later they released SCAR III in almost same price range. So my latest 2.5k laptop was suddenly "previous generation"
    Do you have Myasus app installed? ive noticed that the recent version does not minimize on taskbar anymore. so when u setup an maximum health charging by default, it wll reset and will charge to 100 percent

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast