Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by enriquecs2005 View Post
    No, this is not a software issue! My laptop's motherboard and battery (which I paid for) were changed and the problem reappeared at 3 months. It's a problem that Asus knows quite well but refuses to give us an answer (it's probably too expensive and keeps it hidden). But as everyone on this forum responds very late ... Maybe Asus is waiting for our warranty to expire and they have escaped liability. Why doesn't Blake answer anymore? Because they probably found out what the problem is and what the costs are to solve it. My laptop will come out of service tomorrow. I'm curious what else they've solved. 3 times with the same problem. I will send it to the service until it solves the problem or I replace the product.

I'm using the Battery health charging inside the Myasus app and limit my battery charging to 60% - 80%, when i check the battery wear it ranges from 25-50%. whenever I've full charge the laptop the battery wear go back to 10-15%.

ROG Enthusiast Array

so I sent my laptop to Asus for a second repair attempt and this time they went all in and replaced all the parts that I had issues with. In summery, I had the following issues:

- Laptop overheating while gaming
    - Wifi disconnects when connected to a 5GHz and running heavy load on the CPU
    (also the technician damaged one of the antenna cable in first repair attempt)
    - Battery charge depletes to zero when left for the next day

To resolve the issue, Asus replaced the following parts:

- Wifi Antenna 3 and 4
    - Motherboard
    - Battery
    - Heatsink + Fans

I have to say the laptop runs much better than it was new, temperatures never go above 85c even while gaming for hours, battery no longer discharges in the next day, Wifi runs perfectly with a very strong signal and no drops.

For now, I am completely satisfied with the results of the repair and hopefully, I won't have any more issues in the future

Parts number replaced are attached if anyone is interested
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos parts-replaced.jpg  

ROG Member Array dasher_faster PC Specs
    dasher_faster PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GL504GW
    Motherboard/
    Processor/
    Memory (part number)/
    Graphics Card #1/
    Graphics Card #2/
    Graphics Card #3/
    Graphics Card #4/
    Sound Card/
    Monitor/
    Storage #1/
    Storage #2/
    CPU Cooler/
    Case/
    Power Supply/
    Keyboard /
    Mouse /
    Headset /
    Mouse Pad /
    Headset/Speakers /
    OS Windows 10 64-bit
    Network Router/
    Accessory #1 /
    Accessory #2 /
    Accessory #3 /

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by silvergem View Post
    I'm using the Battery health charging inside the Myasus app and limit my battery charging to 60% - 80%, when i check the battery wear it ranges from 25-50%. whenever I've full charge the laptop the battery wear go back to 10-15%.
    I did the same for mine. It's been 3 weeks, the period at when my last battery had been starting to die. I kept the setting to balanced mode in MyASUS and the battery is still at 97% wear level (I checked it last week and it was at 97% back then too). So I can say that v2.3.7 did fix it for my case as long as I have balanced mode switched on.

Last edited by dasher_faster; 12-25-2020 at 09:27 AM.

ROG Member Array

I found a "solution"

Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ROG View Post
    Dear all,
    We are working on this issue, we just made some progress.
    Thank you to some user's support on this.
    If there is anything new, I will let you know.
    Thank you.
    Hi, I found a "solution" to this problem and I think it can be useful to let you know in order to fix this at a software level.
    The problem (at least in my case but I think we're all in the same situation) is software related and I managed to "solve" it doing this: starting with the laptop at a battery percentage that causes the problem, e.g. 60%, I unplug it from AC and then go in MyAsus app and switch back and forth between battery charge modes (e.g. I'm at 60% mode, switch to 100% and then back to 60%), then I can shut the notebook down and boot it up the next morning with the same battery percentage, no more sudden drop to 0% during login.
    Clearly this is not a real "solution" but it obviously highlights that the problem is within the software and not in the battery.

ROG Member Array

Any updates on the battery drain issue? Why hasn't ASUS fixed this already?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by PTSONIC View Post
    Any updates on the battery drain issue? Why hasn't ASUS fixed this already?
    Backread on this thread

ROG Member Array

great, everything is still the same...

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by alma23 View Post
    Hi, I found a "solution" to this problem and I think it can be useful to let you know in order to fix this at a software level.
    The problem (at least in my case but I think we're all in the same situation) is software related and I managed to "solve" it doing this: starting with the laptop at a battery percentage that causes the problem, e.g. 60%, I unplug it from AC and then go in MyAsus app and switch back and forth between battery charge modes (e.g. I'm at 60% mode, switch to 100% and then back to 60%), then I can shut the notebook down and boot it up the next morning with the same battery percentage, no more sudden drop to 0% during login.
    Clearly this is not a real "solution" but it obviously highlights that the problem is within the software and not in the battery.
    Can you confirm that your "solution" still works today?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by PTSONIC View Post
    Can you confirm that your "solution" still works today?
    Yeah, I'm using this method since I discovered it and it still works!

New ROGer Array

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by alma23 View Post
    Yeah, I'm using this method since I discovered it and it still works!
    It also works if you set to 80% if you wish to have more than 60%.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast