Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mbushnaq00 View Post
    well you could argue and say that the issue is not the battery life but the laptop switches off suddenly when left till the next day
    true, will try that.. thanks
    Oh and btw, the "solution" that alma23 said it seems to be working with me too.. And I downloaded BatteryInfoView to check the degradation of the battery and it seems it changes alot depending on the day... Today seems I have 14.9% of battery health, but the other day I had 20%, and if I let the computer to fully charge to 100% it shows 81% of battery health o.O

New ROGer Array

This is a real issue.
    I use this laptop almost as a mini 'desktop' and i rarely unplugged power. I can count on my hands how many times i used the battery.

The other day i had to unplug to show a friend about the other issue that i'm having (fans max during idle mode) and this happened.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by rosbigg View Post
    This is a real issue.
    I use this laptop almost as a mini 'desktop' and i rarely unplugged power. I can count on my hands how many times i used the battery.

The other day i had to unplug to show a friend about the other issue that i'm having (fans max during idle mode) and this happened.
    I had that fans problem, was the GPU fan only that was allways on max rpm even without doing anything on the computer. This was a year ago so shortly after I bought it, I sent it to the warranty and they got it fixed, was a temperature sensor if I remember correctly.

About my current problem with the battery, I was going to send it to warranty today but decided to try to reinstall the battery drivers and I think it worked... Worked lots of times through the day with battery and it never happened again... Will keep testing in the next days but I think its fixed! If something changes I'll update it here.

Edit: Today the problem came back again... So reinstalling the drivers didn't solve the issue Will send it to warranty Monday.

Edit 2: I ended up not sending the computer to warranty because I'll need it in March, might do it after that month. But I've been testing something that could be coincidence or not, when I turn on the laptop and the login screen shows up, instead of logging in right away, I wait like 10 ~ 15 seconds before logging in and so far the computer never shut off again with that battery issue... I'll continue testing this to see if its a "solution", its more practical than the other "solution" that alma23 found.
    Last edited by qmig123; 02-26-2021 at 09:59 PM.

New ROGer Array

Battery Replacement

Hey Guys,

Just for your info, I had the exact same issue with battery dropping to zero from half or thrid full load. I did buy a Battery replacement which appeared to be a kind of reconditionned chineese battery (fake french website) quiet cheap but it's been a month and my laptop never showed this horrible previous behaviour. I can close my computer at 2% and it will reopen with this amount.

Except the fact that this battery is already 6% worn and doesn't charge further than about 90% (around 3h movie time), my laptop is really reborn.

Will let you know if that changes.

I did complain about the battery being worn to the chineese and they refund half of it so I paid my Battery around 30 euros and for that price it worth it )

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Tibus31 View Post
    Hey Guys,

Just for your info, I had the exact same issue with battery dropping to zero from half or thrid full load. I did buy a Battery replacement which appeared to be a kind of reconditionned chineese battery (fake french website) quiet cheap but it's been a month and my laptop never showed this horrible previous behaviour. I can close my computer at 2% and it will reopen with this amount.

Except the fact that this battery is already 6% worn and doesn't charge further than about 90% (around 3h movie time), my laptop is really reborn.

Will let you know if that changes.

I did complain about the battery being worn to the chineese and they refund half of it so I paid my Battery around 30 euros and for that price it worth it )

Good to know, that way it is most likely a battery issue and not software from the computer or something else. Where did you buy it? I might try that if the warranty doesn't cover the battery.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by qmig123 View Post
    Good to know, that way it is most likely a battery issue and not software from the computer or something else. Where did you buy it? I might try that if the warranty doesn't cover the battery.
    Well as I said it's a bit of a scam so I wouldn't go again with them. it's https://www.fr-batterie.com/, if you check on Thrustpilot, most customers advice to run away as they send fake new batteries. In my case I managed to get 50% refund so at the end it wasn't so bad. Specially as it completely fixed my issue but I think the best is to buy a real one at about 70 euro and keep it for years...

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Tibus31 View Post
    Well as I said it's a bit of a scam so I wouldn't go again with them. it's https://www.fr-batterie.com/, if you check on Thrustpilot, most customers advice to run away as they send fake new batteries. In my case I managed to get 50% refund so at the end it wasn't so bad. Specially as it completely fixed my issue but I think the best is to buy a real one at about 70 euro and keep it for years...
    hmm yea true, you're right... well I will send it to warranty for now, maybe they fix it

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by qmig123 View Post
    I had that fans problem, was the GPU fan only that was allways on max rpm even without doing anything on the computer. This was a year ago so shortly after I bought it, I sent it to the warranty and they got it fixed, was a temperature sensor if I remember correctly.

About my current problem with the battery, I was going to send it to warranty today but decided to try to reinstall the battery drivers and I think it worked... Worked lots of times through the day with battery and it never happened again... Will keep testing in the next days but I think its fixed! If something changes I'll update it here.

Edit: Today the problem came back again... So reinstalling the drivers didn't solve the issue Will send it to warranty Monday.

Edit 2: I ended up not sending the computer to warranty because I'll need it in March, might do it after that month. But I've been testing something that could be coincidence or not, when I turn on the laptop and the login screen shows up, instead of logging in right away, I wait like 10 ~ 15 seconds before logging in and so far the computer never shut off again with that battery issue... I'll continue testing this to see if its a "solution", its more practical than the other "solution" that alma23 found.
    Nice finding! I'm gonna test your method and report back, if it works I think it's the best bet for everyone here since it seems clear that ASUS isn't going to fix the problem at root.

New ROGer Array

hi guys, I have the same issue, my laptop is Rog Strix hero II. But in my case is worse, my laptop shuts down when I turn it on, even when 90% - 100% battery, and I'm so desperate right now. I already have the 312 bios and the problem still there

I'm so disappointed if Asus doesn't fix this issue.

New ROGer Array

Angry

Hi guys, after 5 attempts of addressing the issue, the service center deemed the entire thing faulty and gave me a credit note
    So all efforts are worthless and I recommend that you just try to get your machine replaced by another laptop.

This issue really sucks and there should be more care about it, which unfortunately, Asus isn't bothering with.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast