ROG Enthusiast Array

Prevent Armoury Crate automatic updates?

Is there any way I can prevent Armoury Crate to update the Aura service/LightingService automatically? Everytime I downgrade, it gets updated later by itself!

There is a bug in the latest lightingservice 3.03.85 where the rainbow effect is the same as the color cycle effect. 3.03.79 does not have this issue

Edit: Found a solution, I upgraded to the latest version (3.03.85) and then just replaced the lightservice.exe with the older version (3.03.79), now armoury crate thinks I have the latest version installed while the old exe is being used. All lighting profiles are working as they should.

Update: Asus has released lightingservice version 3.03.89 today which fixes the rainbow effect issue, in addition to lighting freezing issue that I did not mention.
    Thank you Asus for releasing the fix!
    Last edited by mbushnaq00; 03-05-2020 at 04:18 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by mbushnaq00 View Post
    Is there any way I can prevent Armoury Crate to update the Aura service/LightingService automatically? Everytime I downgrade, it gets updated later by itself!

There is a bug in the latest lightingservice 3.03.85 where the rainbow effect is the same as the color cycle effect. 3.03.79 does not have this issue

Edit: Found a solution, I upgraded to the latest version (3.03.85) and then just replaced the lightservice.exe with the older version (3.03.79), now armoury crate thinks I have the latest version installed while the old exe is being used. All lighting profiles are working as they should.
    do you have monitors with Aura Sync?*

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Re@per View Post
    do you have monitors with Aura Sync?*
    I dont, I only have strix flare keyboard and gladius mouse connected to my scar 2 laptop

ROG Guru: White Belt Array MorePower PC Specs
    MorePower PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9 9900K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080 Ti OC
    MonitorLG UltraGear 34GK950G
    Storage #1Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2
    Storage #2Samsung 860 PRO SSD x 2
    CPU CoolerASUS ROG Ryuo 240
    CasePhanteks Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 850W
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Low Profile
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB ELITE
    Headset/Speakers Kanto YU4 + Sub8
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mbushnaq00 View Post

Update: Asus has released lightingservice version 3.03.89 today which fixes the rainbow effect issue, in addition to lighting freezing issue that I did not mention.
    Thank you Asus for releasing the fix!
    Are you sure it updates automatically? If I go to the Update Center it lists what is out of date and has a update button next to it or I can click update all.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
    Are you sure it updates automatically? If I go to the Update Center it lists what is out of date and has an update button next to it or I can click update all.
    yes even if u do not click on update, it will update by itself after a while. I have tested this multiple times