cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura detecting RAM wrong

Valaska
Level 7
So the older version of Aura Sync I had detected my G.Skill backwards, 1 in the 2 slot, and 2 in the 1 slot. So they played out of order. I've just updated and now it only detects 1 of my RAM Dimms, but it still detects in the wrong place even.

Why does ASUS just fix this issue already? I've been reading a lot of people having this issue and no answers from ASUS. It's almost as bad as the 3 friggen RMA's I had to go through because they kept sending me damaged X470-f Strix boards. That would fix this is just letting people set which RAM Stick goes into the first slot or the second, or even select a custom order to play them. These 2 sticks worked perfectly fine in the last motherboard, the one that shorted and destroyed $1200 of SSD's (Which ASUS never paid for. Thankfully Samsung and Toshiba RMA'd them). So it's not the G.Skill Trident Z's fault.

ASUS, could you please for the love of god fix AURA sync. Allow users to specify which ram module is what in the order of playing. I can deal with needing to open AURA every time I restart and hit on and off to get my settings... but this is beyond ridiculous at this point.

I am going gigabyte with my next MOBO, that's all I know at this point. ASUS' customer support is the worst among any PC parts manufacturer in the industry. Their excuse for their 5700XT problem shows a complete lack of caring for their customers or the quality of their products, and it took MASSIVE backlash for that to be solved.

Anyone here knows how to trick an AURA Sync into working properly? It would be greatly appreciated. The picture shows that the right stick is being detected and is shown as RGB DIMM 1. 2 is not detected... and is in the wrong slot regardless. Been contacting ASUS about this issue for ... 2 years now.

1 REPLY 1

BigJohnny
Level 13
Valaska wrote:
So the older version of Aura Sync I had detected my G.Skill backwards, 1 in the 2 slot, and 2 in the 1 slot. So they played out of order. I've just updated and now it only detects 1 of my RAM Dimms, but it still detects in the wrong place even.

Why does ASUS just fix this issue already? I've been reading a lot of people having this issue and no answers from ASUS. It's almost as bad as the 3 friggen RMA's I had to go through because they kept sending me damaged X470-f Strix boards. That would fix this is just letting people set which RAM Stick goes into the first slot or the second, or even select a custom order to play them. These 2 sticks worked perfectly fine in the last motherboard, the one that shorted and destroyed $1200 of SSD's (Which ASUS never paid for. Thankfully Samsung and Toshiba RMA'd them). So it's not the G.Skill Trident Z's fault.

ASUS, could you please for the love of god fix AURA sync. Allow users to specify which ram module is what in the order of playing. I can deal with needing to open AURA every time I restart and hit on and off to get my settings... but this is beyond ridiculous at this point.

I am going gigabyte with my next MOBO, that's all I know at this point. ASUS' customer support is the worst among any PC parts manufacturer in the industry. Their excuse for their 5700XT problem shows a complete lack of caring for their customers or the quality of their products, and it took MASSIVE backlash for that to be solved.

Anyone here knows how to trick an AURA Sync into working properly? It would be greatly appreciated. The picture shows that the right stick is being detected and is shown as RGB DIMM 1. 2 is not detected... and is in the wrong slot regardless. Been contacting ASUS about this issue for ... 2 years now.

This is why so many people search out other ram that can be controlled by anything BUT Aura.
I bought into it when it first rolled out and have tired every version that has come down the pipeline and none of them have been 100%.Send in feedback and get "Cant reproduce issue" when plenty of people report the same thing.

The biggest PITA with it is simply updating versions. One cant simply uninstall one and reinstall the next as the uninstaller leaves a mess behind. The best success Ive had, not that any of it was perfect but it updated.......
1) uninstall AURA
2)reboot
3) Find and delete the follders as they get orphaned and still have files in them
4) run Ccleaner registry cleaner to get rid of the remnants it let in the registry
5) shut down then remove power but either switching the PSU off or pulling the plug for 30 seconds. This will reset the effects to factory default
6) do cold boot, expect the 2-3 post cycles
7) reinstall to see what else is screwed up.

I gave up and use corsair dominator RGB and Ique that now will run all the aura effects with the plug in except addressable like the ram.

Love the hardware but hate the software. Aura, AI Suite that I strongly discourage anyone from running, and GPU TweakII. pretty sad when MSI afterburner that is made for another manufacturers cards works better on ASUS GPUs. Ive had AI suite brick BIOS roms as thats what its doing is BIOS writes while you are up and running. Nothing that AI Suite can do that cant be done in the BIOS. Just not the pretty UI and you have to reboot and enter BIOS to make changes. At least I know that method is more stable so long as the BIOS is stable.

Not going to get this from aura and trident Z. Its a shame but the bare facts,