cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3 PCIex16 Problem?

leotzian
Level 7
Hi to all I am an old member in the old ASUS forum and my first post here I want some help please.
For 2 years I use the M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3 motherboard with no problem, in the PCIe X 16 slot I have a Gigabyte HD5750 graphics Card.
All of suddent yersteray without making any adjustments ( I powered of my PC it was Ok ) and the next day when I powered it on I had black screen on the monitor, no beeps nothing. Then I discovered that the Pc was booting normaly but I had black sreen in the monitor.
I connected the monitor form my card to the internal GPU HDMI output, but I had black screen also.
So I took OFF the Gigabyte card and I had picture in the monitor using the internal graphics, so I thought the problem was in the card.
Then I tested the card in another asus mobo I have and the card is working fine, having output and in the DVI-D and HDMI output.
So the problem is in the motherboard, when the card is inserted the bios is detecting the card ( that is the reason I have no picture in the empeded graphics output ) but the card has no picture.
I had read that if I make BIOS reset using the jumper the problem might be solved, what do you think?
In the place I had put the PC is it very difficult to try this I have to move a lot of stuff to have access to it.
My mobo has only one PCIeX16 slot, it has 3 years guarantee, but as it is now I CAN DO MY WORK using the internal graphics.
My CPU is AM3 Phenom X4 945.
What do you think, is there anything else to do?
Thanks you all in advance.
0 REPLIES 0