cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog rampage extreme vi - will not boot, hangs on Bios is updating / code 70.

Jae30001
Level 7
I tried flash back with 300x and 150x bios versions.

Last night it was stuck on code 00 for hours.

I finally got it to switch bios again, and it is back on code 70 bios is updating screen.
Once it gets there. The computer will freeze, and hang.

I bought this board for $600 on an ebay store, and last time I Contacted asus support they pretty much told me no, since I am not the original owner. This board was what i thought new in box. It worked a few weeks. And this happened.

CPU is 7980xe, both CPU and ram are known good.

If anyone has input that would be great.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Super_Gnome
Level 11
The BIOS 3006 would not flash manually for me. It had to be installed via the previous BIOS from the BIOS menu.

It also had the CPU cores running at 4100 MHz at idle. Hence that BIOS is a buggy one.

0802 works fine though for the Rampage VI Extreme Omega motherboard. It installs manually no problem and works like it should. I'm not sure if it is identical to the 0802 for your motherboard or not because the dates are different. But have you tried that one?

Anyhow, good luck! Got my fingers crossed you sort it out.

BigJohnny
Level 13
Put BIOS rom on fat32 formatted USB drive, rename it to R6E.CAP nothing else on it. Load optomized defaults on current BIOS and turn machine off,
Put drive into rear I/0 USB labeled BIOS.
Push and hold BIOS labeled button until it starts flashing (top left). Should continue to flash for a minute or two. If it stops immediatly you either have it named wrong or the USB is in the wrong port or the file is corrupt. All you need us power on the ATX, not started up. Dont even have to have a CPU in it or ram or GPU. After a minute or two it will stop flashing and its done. Power up and enter new BIOS. Done it a million times.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
When naming it don't include the .CAP part. Just R6E. The ".CAP" part is automatically added. This took me a few tries to get right.

Also this guy outlines how to do it. It is the same for your motherboard. Go to 11:20 to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXLi30V4Jw8

I had to RMA the board.. i have done quite a few bios flash backs, and using r6e.cap before this.. it seemed the bios chip needed replaced.. got the rma board back. Working great

Thanks!

Jae30001 wrote:
I had to RMA the board.. i have done quite a few bios flash backs, and using r6e.cap before this.. it seemed the bios chip needed replaced.. got the rma board back. Working great

Thanks!

This was a TPU flash problem, not the bios