Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array raju2529 PC Specs
    raju2529 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)R542UQ-DM153 ( X542UQ.309 )
    MotherboardAsus Builtin Motherboard X542UQ
    ProcessorIntel core i5 7200u @2.5Ghz
    Memory (part number)Adata 2400 Mhz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1intel Hd 620 graphics 1GB DDR3 DCH WHQL driver v27.20.100.8425
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia GeForce 940MX 2GB GDDR5 DCH WHQL driver v27.21.14.5167
    Graphics Card #3nil
    Graphics Card #4nil
    Sound CardRealtek HD Audio controller with codec 294 WHQL driver v6.0.8975.1
    MonitorBuiltin Lcd monitor model BOE
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD M.2. 2280
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB 2.5inch. Toshiba 1TB 2.5 inch
    CPU CoolerBuilt-in
    CaseFrom factory
    Power Supply65W
    Keyboard Built in keyboard
    Mouse Built in mouse
    Headset Purchased Philips HeadSet
    Mouse Pad nil
    Headset/Speakers Realtek Builtin Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit v2004 build no 19041.331
    Network RouterBsnl Wi-Fi modem with router
    Accessory #1 Dell Wired Mouse
    Accessory #2 Laptop Cooling table with fan
    Accessory #3 Secureye Usb finger print scanner added seperately for Windows Hello

I don't have that monitor. I use laptop

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by raju2529 View Post
    I don't have that monitor. I use laptop
    We are in the "ROG Series Monitors (PG/XG)" forum. This thread is specifically for the PG43UQ issue. Not an issue with Intel graphics or a laptop display.

New ROGer Array

Unhappy

Had a whole day of ,,,,,,,,,,,,,no flickering yesterday. Albeit I didn't get much gaming done but I did watch a few more episodes on Bluray in the evening like I usually do atm. HDR on in Windows and PG43UQ and G-Sync is also turned on. The only thing I changed is the HDR Max Brightness on the PG43UQ from 1000 Nits to 600 Nits.

Will leave it like that unless the issue returns. Just thought I'd mention it so others can see if it also helps them.
    Last edited by Drayco31; 03-27-2020 at 10:42 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Drayco31 View Post
    Had a whole day of ,,,,,,,,,,,,,no flickering yesterday. Albeit I didn't get much gaming done but I did watch a few more episodes on Bluray in the evening like I usually do atm. HDR on in Windows and PG43UQ and G-Sync is also turned on. The only thing I changed is the HDR Max Brightness on the PG43UQ from 1000 Nits to 600 Nits.

Will leave it like that unless the issue returns. Just thought I'd mention it so others can see if it also helps them.
    The flickering hasn't stopped, so I'm switching mine to 600 nit max as well. I will try gaming in HDR and switching around to test this fix. It would be a real bummer if our displays needed to be replaced for not working at the HDR1000 spec.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by ncook06 View Post
    The flickering hasn't stopped, so I'm switching mine to 600 nit max as well. I will try gaming in HDR and switching around to test this fix. It would be a real bummer if our displays needed to be replaced for not working at the HDR1000 spec.
    2nd night in a row and no issues. I even made a point of alt tabing out Video playing to use Firefox and file explorer and a few other other things without issue. Previously when switching from VLC, either paused or left running, it was a 50/50 chance that the black screen flashing would begin. If it stopped on it's on it would start immediately if I moved mouse until I turned HDR of in Windows.

Can't game atm as left hand currently a little screwed so can't really test much other than running game benchmarks and they too seem fine.

If lowering nits to 600 max is a permanent solution then the displays are faulty as far as I'm concerned. So unless Asus can issue a firmware and/or driver update that fixes it or have Nvidia solve it with a GPU driver update I'm very tempted to RMA it. If they can increase the max workable nits to say 900 it may be acceptable. Right now though I'll cut em some slack with the Global plague crisis. Plus it's under warranty for now.

If the lowered Nits continue to work for another week or 2 I'll submit a support ticket mentioning it and linking this thread.

New ROGer Array

A week after changing to 600 nits and haven't had the weird black screen with the odd flick to correct image then back to black since. Just sent a techincal inquiry to see if they can fix it. Hopefully I won't need to package it up for a return or something.

Did more testing as I had time to game......now that I have moved from title screens on 2 games. Also for a simple way to trigger the black screen. Pressing media buttons on my keyboard triggers them. Only the volume roller up/down and the mute button others don't do a thing. Clearly it shouldn't happen no matter what button I press!
    Used 3 Nvidia drivers.
    441.66, 442.59 and latest 445.75

While dropping from 1000nits to 600 nits seemed to help if I alt tabbed out of a video for a week it doesn't help for games.
    I've tried 1000, 600 or 400 nits with no difference
    Turning off G-sync has no effect
    Dropping refresh rate to 60 has no effect
    Turning HDR off in game has no effect
    Loading a game that doesn't support HDR has no effect
    The only thing that stops this bloody screen black screening for approx 3 seconds momentary flash to the game screen and then another 3 seconds of black before returning to game screen is to turn of Play HDR games and apps in Windows settings. If thats on and I'm in a game I can guarantee the screen will black out for approx 3 seconds screen for < a second the black for 3 seconds before back to game. I haven't even tried a game yet because I adjust sound all the time and having it do this **** on demand is annoying as hell doesn't effect random occurances either. I'm not about to risk having it happen in game. When previous occurances of this happened in videos it would be persistant until I turned it off by using a second display. Only time it stopped otherwise was after a time but the moment I'd move the mouse and it'd be back to black screen flashing.

Strange thing is I've just started playing a video 6 times now (nits back on 1000) and it hasn't screwed around once. Not that it matters as it's screwed for gaming if it prevents me using basic volume controls. Will be contacting retailer on Monday to see if I can return it as it's faulty. If not Asus tech better be able to provide a solution or they'll be having it back.

Contacted retailer. I have until tomorrow to request an RMA. That gives Asus around 30 hours to request to my technical request and provide a solution before I return this display........
    Last edited by Drayco31; 04-06-2020 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Updated again

ROG Enthusiast Array Godofmosquitoes PC Specs
    Godofmosquitoes PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell XPS 15 9570 8750H 4K, 16GB, 512GB
    MotherboardRVE10
    Processor6950X@4GHz 1.2V
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-64GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1080 Ti
    Graphics Card #2GTX 1080 Ti
    Sound CardSound BlasterX AE-5
    MonitorASUS PG43UQ
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Storage #21xCrucial MX300 2TB, 1xSeagate Enterprise Capacity 4TB, 3xSeagate Archive 8TB
    CPU CoolerThermalright Le Grande Macho RT
    CaseSilverstone FT02
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB MX Silent
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Sennheiser GSP 500
    Headset/Speakers Bowers & Wilkins MM-1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC88U

I have the same monitor, and I experience no issues playing at 1000 nits with HDR in games. No flickering, or anything of the sorts. Your panel must be busted. Send it in for RMA.

Edit: I do sometimes experience some flickering - but that is related to fps sometimes being too low with G-Sync in certain titles, running at 4K with max settings, and isn't connected to HDR or the brightness of the monitor. So I'm looking forward to the 3080 Ti series to fix that "issue".
    Last edited by Godofmosquitoes; 04-09-2020 at 12:01 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Godofmosquitoes View Post
    **snip*
    I did rule out nits being the cause must have just and a couple of lucky days. I don't mind the odd flicker login in to windows and into games but this wasn't like that at all. I could reproduce it 100% by using volume keys on keyboard and it'd be 3 seconds black screen flash to image, another 3 seconds black then back to image until I touched volume again.

The random one was even worse. It'd last 30+ seconds and after it sstopped if I clicked or moved the mouse it'd go again. Only solution was to use other screen to turn HDR off in windows settings. RMA'd on Tuesday, still waiting for collection. Asus Tech did message me on and it been passsed along for some to investigate. Tells me it's not a common issue and definitely faulty.

Having great luck with Asus products. First Asus product in a decade was a 2060 Super during their trade up offer last year. Had crashes to Bios with errors and beeps . Set it back and No fault detected. Intermitten and even on desktop. Since then I've changed RAM, PSU and motherboard to rule out them and it crashed again. Thankfully Overclockers took it back and it crashed theirre test bench this time. They sent it to ASUS could take 30 days to get it repairred or replaced. This after I got the PG43UQ

GT710 wasn't really upto testing the display and I'd had the black screening a few times. Was hoping it was the GPU but I'd have past the return window before having a 2060 in my system. Instead of waiting and running that risk I've purchased a new, non Asus, GPU. Ran down all possible options to identify the cause and way way to reproduce it. Really didn't want to start the replace stuff that isn't broke if I RMA'd it and it didn't produce the fault for testers.

Still not decided if I'll go for a replacement or a refund at this point. ...

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Darren Stevens PC Specs
    Darren Stevens PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 7980XE
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Poseidon GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Platinum 11GB
    Graphics Card #2ASUS ROG Poseidon GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Platinum 11GB
    MonitorASUS PG348Q ROG Swift 34in 100Hz G-Sync IPS Gaming Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 960 Pro 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD
    CPU CoolerEK-FB ASUS ROG R6E RGB Monoblock - Nickel
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite Satin Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i Digital ATX Modular
    Keyboard ASUS ROG GK2000 Horus RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse ASUS ROG Spatha Wireless Laser Gaming Mouse
    Headset ASUS ROG Cerberus Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath Gaming Surface
    Headset/Speakers ASUS ROG Centurion True 7.1 Gaming Headset
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 bit UEFI Install
    Network RouterASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Triband Router
    Accessory #1 Samsung 960 Pro 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD
    Accessory #2 ASUS ROG SLI HB Bridge - 4 Slot

I’m having the exact same issue with the PG43UQ, black screen in games for a few seconds every now & then, tried every setting available, also wont show post screen with CSM disabled had to enable CSM in bios to get post screen otherwise it skips it & goes straight to Windows login screen*

ROG Enthusiast Array EXILE157 PC Specs
    EXILE157 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus X99-M WS
    Processori7-6850K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid
    Sound CardCorsair ST100
    MonitorSharp Quattron
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB
    Storage #2Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB
    CPU CoolerNzxt Kraken X62
    CasePhanteks Evolv mATX TG (Black)
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1200i
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Corsair Dark Core
    Headset Razer Nari Ultimate
    Mouse Pad Corsair Gaming MM800 RGB
    OS Win10 Pro 64

Quote Originally Posted by ncook06 View Post
    do you have an rog pg43uq monitor? I'm struggling to understand what your setup has to do with this thread.
    lmfao!
    Phanteks Evolv mATX TG (Black) *i7-6850K *Asus X99-M WS *Nzxt Kraken X62/Thermaltake Riing SP Series *Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 *Corsair HX1200i *EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid *Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB *Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD *Sharp Quattron 46' *Corsair K70 RGB *Corsair Dark Core *Corsair Gaming MM800 *Corsair ST100 *Razar Nari Ultimate.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast