CPU CoolerNzxt Kraken X62
    CasePhanteks Evolv mATX TG (Black)
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1200i
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Corsair Dark Core
    Headset Razer Nari Ultimate
    Mouse Pad Corsair Gaming MM800 RGB
    OS Win10 Pro 64

Everyday I look at my shopping cart ready to purchase the long, long wait for this 43' Gaming Monitor and ever since it came out it's been a nightmare of negative reviews compared to positive... I guess it wasn't meant for me to buy it.
    Phanteks Evolv mATX TG (Black) *i7-6850K *Asus X99-M WS *Nzxt Kraken X62/Thermaltake Riing SP Series *Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 *Corsair HX1200i *EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid *Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB *Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD *Sharp Quattron 46' *Corsair K70 RGB *Corsair Dark Core *Corsair Gaming MM800 *Corsair ST100 *Razar Nari Ultimate.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Stevens View Post
    I’m having the exact same issue with the PG43UQ, black screen in games for a few seconds every now & then, tried every setting available, also wont show post screen with CSM disabled had to enable CSM in bios to get post screen otherwise it skips it & goes straight to Windows login screen*
    I know I missed the Bios screen but not always. May have worked fine on restart and missed after turning on after a shutdown or it may have been the other way around?? For that I'm assuming it to has something to do with G-Sync and the monitor settings as G-sync wouldn't be in use during the bios stage so the monitor is switching settings or the Gsync part of drivers just aren't loaded until the Windows Splash screen. I get this with my xl2730 too. I suggest booting from OFF and Restart to see if there is a difference between the too. Not great but if you can see and enter Bios then it'll do.

Never had to use CSM so no idea. If you're only getting the black screen for a few seconds after loading a game it could be GSync and monitor adjusting settings the same way you'd get a black screen when you chenge resolution or refresh rate. If it's happening whilst playing thats obviously not the cause.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Darren Stevens PC Specs
    Darren Stevens PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 7980XE
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Poseidon GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Platinum 11GB
    Graphics Card #2ASUS ROG Poseidon GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Platinum 11GB
    MonitorASUS PG348Q ROG Swift 34in 100Hz G-Sync IPS Gaming Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD
    Storage #2Samsung 960 Pro 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD
    CPU CoolerEK-FB ASUS ROG R6E RGB Monoblock - Nickel
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite Satin Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i Digital ATX Modular
    Keyboard ASUS ROG GK2000 Horus RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse ASUS ROG Spatha Wireless Laser Gaming Mouse
    Headset ASUS ROG Cerberus Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath Gaming Surface
    Headset/Speakers ASUS ROG Centurion True 7.1 Gaming Headset
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 bit UEFI Install
    Network RouterASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Triband Router
    Accessory #1 Samsung 960 Pro 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD
    Accessory #2 ASUS ROG SLI HB Bridge - 4 Slot

I can’t get to the post screen unless CSM is enabled even with G-sync off, turning off G-sync seems to have fixed the random black screen in games for now.
    Last edited by Darren Stevens; 04-15-2020 at 08:54 AM.

New ROGer Array

We have had several Nvidia driver updates (currently 445.87) and there's no resolution in sight. No amount of tinkering (including setting max HDR brightness to HDR600) seems to make this issue go away. Even when I'm just using the monitor at the desktop in SDR for work all day, it still flickers a couple of times every hour.

I finally filed a formal support ticket today. It sounds like engineering will be looking into a firmware update and I'll have more info in a day or two.

According to my monitor's menu, I'm on firmware 015 now. Fingers crossed!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by ncook06 View Post
    We have had several Nvidia driver updates (currently 445.87) and there's no resolution in sight. No amount of tinkering (including setting max HDR brightness to HDR600) seems to make this issue go away. Even when I'm just using the monitor at the desktop in SDR for work all day, it still flickers a couple of times every hour.

I finally filed a formal support ticket today. It sounds like engineering will be looking into a firmware update and I'll have more info in a day or two.

600nits seem to help but issue still occured at random even when just watching a video. I discovered a way to reproduce the issue 100% of the time. No matter when monitor settings were used, G-Sync on or off, when Play games in HDR was selected in Windows Display settings I could triggle it. Didn't last as long but using volume keys on 2 different keyboards when in games caused a 3 second black screen game screen for < .5 seconds then black screen for 3 seconds then it stopped....until using volume again. Wasn't as effective for trigggering on videos but it was 100% of the time in games. I contacted support andexplain it all to them along with the fact I'd be RMA'ing the screen as faulty in a few days as my return window was close.

This is what I got in response.
    Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for contacting Asus support

We have passed it over for testing - to see if it can be duplicated with similiar settings with the information you have provided, if we rquire more informatie or get a solution/feedback we will let you know

Haven't heard a thing since. Finally had it collected....xdp suck. Waiting on retailer to acknowledge the fault. Decided on a replacement. Hopefully another does have the same issues or I'll be RMA'ing it again. But this time for a refund and shopping for another make. Funny that the only 2 items I've purchased from Asus in a decade have been faulty.

Had a GPU when they did there trade in offer. Had intermittent crashes shortly after having it. Not even in game could be watching a video or browsing the web. Reboot and bios beeps. Sent GPU back but it didn't crash after a week. Though neither did my system. I've changed Motherboard, Ram and PSU since and it kept on happening. Ran every benchmark and stress test I could and not a single crash. But when it happened again I RMA'd it again. Thankfully it crashed their tesat bench with 20 minutes this time. So they sent it back to Asus. Since purchased an upgraded model from another brand.

So both Asus products bought in a decade being faulty products from the time I received them doesn't instill much confidence in Asus.

New ROGer Array

After a couple more exchanges with support, we have only established that users cannot update the firmware on the PG43UQ. If a firmware update exists, I will ship my PG43UQ to Asus. I requested the release notes for the firmware version that supposedly fixes this to verify that we have mutual understanding.

New ROGer Array

After a couple more exchanges with support, we have only established that users cannot update the firmware on the PG43UQ. If a firmware update exists, I will ship my PG43UQ to Asus. I requested the release notes for the firmware version that supposedly fixes this to verify that we have mutual understanding.
    Thanks for the update. Keep me informed if you can. Just had an email from Scan and they could reproduce the issue. Least the hitting a Volume key on a keyboard as that was a guaranteed test. They didn't bother with anything else. They're out of stock and Asus said next shipment should land 5th May. Offered me a refund or I could wait. Took the refund. Didn't see the point IF a firmware update would be required had I took another.

GHot decorating and stuff to do so I can handle not having a larger display for now. If a firmware update isn't a solution and it turns out yours is just faulty too I think I'll just contact Scan and ask them to test a brand new one and if it works fine I'll buy it again. Save 2 lots of shipping if it turned out to be faulty.

New ROGer Array

To send this to Asus, I knew I needed to provide 100% airtight steps to reproduce (otherwise it'll seem fine and they'll just send it back to me). As I started writing these up, I made note of two things:
    • This only occurs on DisplayPort (HDR seems fine on HDMI, but HDMI on this monitor is capped at 4K60)
    • When the monitor is flickering, there are two ways to make it stop: power the monitor off and back on, or disconnect the DisplayPort. Either option means that the display is disconnecting and reconnecting.

The second point has me intrigued - if the monitor stays powered on and set to DisplayPort 1 and while I disconnect the cable or restart the computer, the issue still seems to clear up. That led me to take another look at Nvidia, and then to Nvidia’s full G-Sync compatibility page.
    …and wouldn’t you know it, as of today, April 29, 2020, I see this:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-04-29 13_54_30-GeForce G-SYNC Monitors.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	84767
    "Upcoming Driver" - Looks like the February 27 release of Nvidia driver 442.50 only added support for the PG43U, but we're still waiting for a driver for the PG43UQ. I paid $1,500 USD for a monitor advertised as "G-Sync Compatible" but it looks like that was an optimistic lie by Asus.

New ROGer Array

…and wouldn’t you know it, as of today, April 29, 2020, I see this:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-04-29 13_54_30-GeForce G-SYNC Monitors.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	84767
    "Upcoming Driver" - Looks like the February 27 release of Nvidia driver 442.50 only added support for the PG43U, but we're still waiting for a driver for the PG43UQ. I paid $1,500 USD for a monitor advertised as "G-Sync Compatible" but it looks like that was an optimistic lie by Asus.
    I already saw that however I ignored it as the flicking to a black still happens with G-Sync off, lowered nits, @60hz and even at 720p. The intermittent one sometimes happened at other settings I just didn't keep them on for testing. When I identified volume keys on keyboard/s would trigger it for around 7 seconds and didn't re trigger when moving mouse.

That Nvidia driver should only relate to the G-Sync component of the display so I don't believe that a Nvidia driver will make any difference if it persist with G-Sync off. Only think to sstop it was to turn HDR off in Windows Display settings. .... Thank God I kept my previous 27" display. Desk does look a little bare now.

This isn't the sort of issue I expected of a monitor worth just under £1,400. I may just wait for a sale and try again. I'd consider saving and getting Asus's 65" display (G-Sync Ultimate) and remove the 55" TV I have along with my monitor but it's power consumption is shocking. Seen it listed as <700 watts and reviews/tested for <200 and 120 watts. Even if it were 120watts thats more than double the 48watts of the PG43UQ. I could have the PG43, 27" 1440p, 24" 1080p my TV all on at same time and would hit 200watts.

Good luck with getting yours sorted. Gotta find some stuff to fill my empty desk for ahile ha

New ROGer Array

As you can probably tell by my previous comment, I was completely fed up and ready to make a decision. Since Amazon only offered 80% refund due to the timing, and Asus was going to require me to ship, I was between a rock and a hard place: continue flickering or pay for a resolution. I decided to reach out to Nvidia to see if they had beta drivers with PG43UQ support.

In chatting with Nvidia support, the technician seemed to think that "Upcoming Driver" was wrong. He proceeded as if it were supported and there was a different driver or GPU issue. Everything was in order. Then he asked if I had tried a different DisplayPort. Turns out I had skipped the one of the most simple (although rare) failures.

After a couple hours of testing, it seems that all of this because the DisplayPort 1 on my PG43UQ is flaky. It seems like DisplayPort 2 is fine. If this was indeed the problem, I'll RMA this with Asus when it's more convenient for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast