cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 critical questions about G73JH upgrade

Retired
Not applicable
Hello all,

As I love my Asus G73 JH (this model) I really would like to give it some enhancement 🙂

Here is what I would like to change:

=> Add more RAM (I only see 2 slots inside my PC, are there other ones?)
=> Add onother HDD (would this one be suitable?)
=> And finally to replace the integrated DVD Drive by a Blu-Ray one; but as the shape is very special, where could I find it?

Thank you very much for those of you that will give me such good news and, of course, Happy New Year to all of you guys 😄

P.S: sorry for my "frenchie's" english mistakes...
4 REPLIES 4

Retired
Not applicable
Anyone could help me? 🙂

Chastity
Level 10
there are 4 memory slots total, which can take up to 4GB each for a total of 16GB.

The hdd has a thickness limitation, and the 1TB drives are too thick. Get a 750GB max.

Any slimline bluray drive will fit. Just take out the old one, and swap it in the drive caddy.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
Many thanks for your response, Chastity 🙂

Concerning the Memory Slot why coudn't I find the 2 other ones, are they anywhere else on the motherboard?

What a pity for the HDD... so I will get a 750 Gb one at 7200 rpm 🙂 or do you think it will be better to invest in a SSD? is it really as impressive as it seems?

For the BluRay drive, could you please indicate me a model that will be suitable, so that I would now what type should I buy?

Many thanks for helping me 😄

Retired
Not applicable
cirdanmiriel wrote:
Concerning the Memory Slot why coudn't I find the 2 other ones, are they anywhere else on the motherboard?
For the BluRay drive, could you please indicate me a model that will be suitable, so that I would now what type should I buy?

You have a model with two memory slots, not four.

Click here for some Blu-Ray Upgrade Info