cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CH7 X470 won't boot but works with override ! $200 board can't even boot properly

roshanx
Level 7
Hello,
As the title suggests, I made a new rig recently but windows won't boot unless i enter bios and overrides the ( Windows partition manager ) OR i press F10.
The Asus Logo screen sits calmly - Qcode 92, from there i have an option to enter Bios to manually override or I can press F10 , and then windows boot normally and the computer would run smooth from there, no other problems.

SPECS --
Ryzen 5 3600
Asus CH7 X40 WIFI
16GIGS RAMS
3x SSD
2x HDD

P.S = WIndows is UEFI GPT

Things i have tried -------------------------
1. Reinstalling windows
2. Bios boot settings
3. Reset Bios
7 REPLIES 7

Mordorr
Level 8
Whats the FW?

Mordorr wrote:
Whats the FW?

What is FW? 😕

Mordorr
Level 8
Firmware. In this case of your board....

Mordorr wrote:
Firmware. In this case of your board....

Previously it was 2901, then after updating to latest 3001, still the same issue persist.

Baio73
Level 8
Try to unplug all SSD's and HDD's except the OS one and see if it works.
If not, try to reinstall Windows with this configuration.

Baio
CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3D COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming Wifi RAM 2x16Gb Corsair Dominator Titanium 6000 [CMP32GX5M2B6000Z30] PSU Asus Thor 1200P VGA Asus ROG Strix RX 6900XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD NVMe WD Black SN850 4Tb INPUT Logitech Pro wireless + Powerplay + Corsair MM 700 RGB - Corsair K100

Baio73 wrote:
Try to unplug all SSD's and HDD's except the OS one and see if it works.
If not, try to reinstall Windows with this configuration.

Baio

Here is the Update !!

I tried Windows reinstall with just primary SSD, but nothing same effect. Even after updating Bios to the latest 3001.
What's more?

I found out that this time i would get two types of Q-Code, 98 and 99 as opposed to 92 Previously.
I started deatching connected device on the Back i/O panel and kept testing.
I have found the weird fix somehow.
If i disconnect the Keyboard, and let all other usb devices remain connected, it would boot straight to windows without any halts on post.

Now the question is what is the ultimate fix ? Because i have been having computers since 20 years and never faced this kind of an issue with other rigs. Please help guys!

roshanx wrote:
Here is the Update !!

I tried Windows reinstall with just primary SSD, but nothing same effect. Even after updating Bios to the latest 3001.
What's more?

I found out that this time i would get two types of Q-Code, 98 and 99 as opposed to 92 Previously.
I started deatching connected device on the Back i/O panel and kept testing.
I have found the weird fix somehow.
If i disconnect the Keyboard, and let all other usb devices remain connected, it would boot straight to windows without any halts on post.

Now the question is what is the ultimate fix ? Because i have been having computers since 20 years and never faced this kind of an issue with other rigs. Please help guys!

Happy to know you found the problem!
Usually it's a good idea to install Windows with a minimum set of devices connected to the pc, either inside than outside the case.
But a keyboard is something one is supposed to have connected to install an OS.
What keyboard are we speaking of?
Can you try another keyboard?
What other USB devices do you have?

Baio
CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3D COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming Wifi RAM 2x16Gb Corsair Dominator Titanium 6000 [CMP32GX5M2B6000Z30] PSU Asus Thor 1200P VGA Asus ROG Strix RX 6900XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD NVMe WD Black SN850 4Tb INPUT Logitech Pro wireless + Powerplay + Corsair MM 700 RGB - Corsair K100