cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AISuite and Armoury Crate not being updated

bigtop1967
Level 9
Has ASUS software/firmware development ground to a halt?

AISuite is STILL NOT properly supporting Ryzen CPUs. Armoury Crate is TERRIBLE and also not up to date.

Ryzen owners STILL HAVE BIOSES with settings that don't work, duplicate and triplicate settings.

What's going on? Why doesn't AISuite show all of the voltages of my Ryzen 3900x CPU?

Corsair iCUE is already better than ASUS AISuite/Crate for my MB (C7H). I'll even be able to use it to control my RGB soon.

We're relying on this software and it looks like ASUS is DOING NOTHING frankly.
About me: I am dyslexic and DO occasionally miss things!

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary, and those that don't.
F people in 10 don't understand hexadecimal
10 REPLIES 10

lostjonny
Level 7
I posted this on another thread, no replies......

What’s going on with ASUS re Ai Suite lll, Fan expert, Armoury Crate & ASUS Grid?
I just cant get any of it to work, support just keep throwing me the same ball to fetch back, asking me to install the same versions I was asked to install yesterday & still nothing works, AI Suite has error message can’t open ASio.sys !!(5), Armoury Crate installs perfectly but there is no home tab & zero software to control anything other than Aura (Very beautiful) so my beast is now a cowering box of rat parts, with lights!!

Naybenotts
Level 7
bigtop1967 wrote:
Has ASUS software/firmware development ground to a halt?

AISuite is STILL NOT properly supporting Ryzen CPUs. Armoury Crate is TERRIBLE and also not up to date.

Ryzen owners STILL HAVE BIOSES with settings that don't work, duplicate and triplicate settings.

What's going on? Why doesn't AISuite show all of the voltages of my Ryzen 3900x CPU?

Corsair iCUE is already better than ASUS AISuite/Crate for my MB (C7H). I'll even be able to use it to control my RGB soon.

We're relying on this software and it looks like ASUS is DOING NOTHING frankly.

Once they have your money they don't seem to care you would think they would just invest in a good software team who actually know what they are doing and how to fix theses issus and its not like its the odd one out of 100 its more like 90% of users facing this problem I got armoury working last night and by god by morning it was gone agen no led ec number in Bios was told to return by Asus on support as it sounded like a fault on the board so in that case 90% of people with rgb boards should send them back noo it's defo a software/fimware problem they need to get a grip on and best of all
Asus support just dont care you don't get any kind of update from any part of there team I've messaged them on Facebook Instagram twitter you name it I've done it I just don't understand how you can design something and not know how to work it they also say to leave it to update in background and don't open for 10mins I've left mine over 2 hours with no update so give us the stupid file to update our self's and a guild how to do it if its not as simple as clicking a button
By next month if not fixed I'm moving over to msi or gigabyte
Just glad I've seen all this before buying the Asus 2070 super oc

COME ON ASUS UPDATE US FIX IT TELL US SOMETHING A ETA OF A FIX AR YOU EVEN WORKING ON A FIX HAVE YOU BEEN FOLLOWING THIS TERRIBLE FEED BACK IM BEGINNING TO WONDER

bigtop1967
Level 9
I've never known it to be quite this bad before....

I've had a look at a few x570 boards to see what updates they are getting - which is NONE!

It's pretty embarrassing when a competing company can provide software better than ASUS (iCUE) - which does a much better job of displaying whats going on in my system than ASUS AISuite or Crate.

I've also had support pushing me from pillar to post, eventually telling me I must complain to ASUS UK. What use is that? As far as I know, ASUS UK are not doing software development!

COME ON ASUS! You've dropped the baton! Sort it out!

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary, and those that don't.

bigtop1967
Level 9
Honestly - what's the point of this forum when ASUS pays no attention (I know they do, but not officially so they don't have to answer any of their users)

bigtop1967 wrote:
Honestly - what's the point of this forum when ASUS pays no attention (I know they do, but not officially so they don't have to answer any of their users)

It's for us customers to discuss among ourselves. If you don't find any value in that it's OK, other people do.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

bigtop1967
Level 9
LOL - We've had a similar conversation before!

I also use this forum to get information from others, and I try to help people where I can. But you and I know that ASUS people DO use this forum, but choose not to directly engage, except in rare circumstances.

As another customer reading this (and other threads on same subject) I'd be interested to know what you think about the terrible software development that is/is not happening with AISuite - and Crate, which was posted on the CH7 (and others) downloads page/s? No documentation, nothing to base our expectations of the new software, and software which just didn't work, it took some time for us to be able to install and run it, only to find it took LOADS of clock cycles when compared to AISuite AND Aura, and only offered lighting effects. No other information about our boards, temps, fans - NOTHING.

The only working software which has recently been posted on our downloads page is WinRar - nothing to do with our boards.

xeromist
Yeah, I've posted the same thing many times so I lose track. A lot of people have the same question but given ASUS has hosted this forum in a hands-off manner for over 10 years I don't think things are going to change.

Well, I'm not much of a lighting person in general so lighting software is useless beyond the ability to turn it off, for me. As for other software, I mostly avoid it. Unfortunately my systray is still full of things I'm not sure I need. I probably need to do a judicious weeding for sanity's sake.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Yeah, I've posted the same thing many times so I lose track. A lot of people have the same question but given ASUS has hosted this forum in a hands-off manner for over 10 years I don't think things are going to change.

Well, I'm not much of a lighting person in general so lighting software is useless beyond the ability to turn it off, for me. As for other software, I mostly avoid it. Unfortunately my systray is still full of things I'm not sure I need. I probably need to do a judicious weeding for sanity's sake.

It's just a shame really. I'm sure you do have to say this a lot - also a shame!

I don't use lighting either. Readouts of voltages/temps etc. on the board would have been nice, like newer boards have (though I'm told some have more working on the CH7)

Ironically Corsair has announced support for ASUS Aura lighting on their boards through iCue (again, I'm underwhelmed) - but it gives me more system information than ASUS Crate does!

xeromist
If you just want info lot of people swear by HWmonitor so if you haven't tried it yet it is a brand agnostic tool.