cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate and Aura Application conflict

ANi7H
Level 7
Hello, we recently installed a new system. Everything was going fine, but we wanted the motherboard's rgb not to work while the system was off, I thought it was only available in the Aura application to turn it off, and I installed Aura without uninstalling Armoury Crate by making a mistake and then there was a conflict and the ARGB fans and RGBs of the Motherboard installed in the system started to act strange.

I know it was a stupid move, I removed Aura and restarted the system to fix the problem. It didn't work. I deleted the Armoury Crate and installed it cleanly and encountered an error message. Armoury Crate was no longer working. We formatted the system, installed Windows cleanly and I'm here now a few days have passed, the problem still continues.

I leave a few videos down, but to put it briefly, right now Armoury Crate is installed. While the effect is sometimes changing from Armoury Crate, the motherboard's RGBs appear gray, the 2 LEDs of one of the ARGB fans continue to light regardless of which effect I determine. Sometimes, in Rainbow effect, not all fans fit the effect completely and random colors appear.

I have read some past posts. CMOS Clear was suggested but I wasn't sure, I decided to open the post anyway. I would be happy if you help…

Thank you.

[The ARGB fans i mentioned above are 3x Cooler Master SF120R ARGB Fans and 1x MSI Stock Exhaust ARGB fan comes with case.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV7Xbq4sahA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vreY7yahJBQ
5 REPLIES 5

ANi7H
Level 7
Problem still persists 😞

Zbigniew
Level 9
I may have a medicine.(Maybe) I spotted something like that...
On Youtube, in a test / review of my Asus Rampage Encore motherboard made by Caseking.de,
the reviewer recommended to disable the "Load Armory Crate" BIOS before installing Windows 10.
(to avoid problems like yours) Then try following my tutorial:
1. Primo - Clear CMOS
2. Disconnect PC Power Supply -> Remove the battery from the motherboard for a few minutes. (To be sure, you can reload your favorite BIOS version again) (I wonder if I'm serious now or not?) In this case, the board will get 100% loss of memory settings.
3. Try my guide, but install only Asus Aura. (At the moment, after several weeks of fighting Armory Crate, I think Armory Crate sucks.)
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?116480-Asus-Aura-amp-Corsair-ICUE-in-Windows-10-how-to-do-...
4.After installing Asus Aura (you have the version given in the tutorial of my production) Currently, my computer has been properly turning off two months. Everything goes out completely. (ERP-Ready in BIOS set S4 + S5) and I see total darkness. After turning on the PC, Asus Aura works properly. Probably ARGB devices connected to the motherboard can only receive a static color using Asus Aura (I AM NOT THIS 100% SURE - Check it out yourself) (Personally, I had to capitulate with the use of the Armory, damage to the nerves.) I deeply believe that it will work permanently because there are no warnings for Asus Aura in the Windows 10 event log for six weeks.
At the moment everything is 100% OK
Blessed are those who have not seen ... And now they see.

Zbigniew wrote:
I may have a medicine.(Maybe) I spotted something like that...
On Youtube, in a test / review of my Asus Rampage Encore motherboard made by Caseking.de,
the reviewer recommended to disable the "Load Armory Crate" BIOS before installing Windows 10.
(to avoid problems like yours) Then try following my tutorial:
1. Primo - Clear CMOS
2. Disconnect PC Power Supply -> Remove the battery from the motherboard for a few minutes. (To be sure, you can reload your favorite BIOS version again) (I wonder if I'm serious now or not?) In this case, the board will get 100% loss of memory settings.
3. Try my guide, but install only Asus Aura. (At the moment, after several weeks of fighting Armory Crate, I think Armory Crate sucks.)
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?116480-Asus-Aura-amp-Corsair-ICUE-in-Windows-10-how-to-do-...
4.After installing Asus Aura (you have the version given in the tutorial of my production) Currently, my computer has been properly turning off two months. Everything goes out completely. (ERP-Ready in BIOS set S4 + S5) and I see total darkness. After turning on the PC, Asus Aura works properly. Probably ARGB devices connected to the motherboard can only receive a static color using Asus Aura (I AM NOT THIS 100% SURE - Check it out yourself) (Personally, I had to capitulate with the use of the Armory, damage to the nerves.) I deeply believe that it will work permanently because there are no warnings for Asus Aura in the Windows 10 event log for six weeks.
At the moment everything is 100% OK

So you want me to disable ''Load Armoury Crate'' option from bios first and then setup windows 10 again? after the windows setup should i try these if problem persists? But i want to go with Armoury Crate because it got more feature than aura i think. Are these stand-alone suggestions or should they be done step by step? Do not get me wrong btw, i didn't got any problem with armoury crate before so, i don't want to use aura.

Thank you

Zbigniew
Level 9
(Yes, disable ArmouryCrate) I will not make a decision for you.
(It's not the same motherboard as mine)
How you can't have what you like ... (Armory - ANi7TH)
You like what works (Aura for me)
According to Caseking.de (and I verified on my Asus Encore) ... Of course, it will not necessarily work with Asus ROG Strix Z390-E. If you want and you have time, just check and write.
1.Clear CMOS.
2. Disable in the BIOS settings - Armory Crate
3. Install Windows 10
4. Install Asus Aura - ver. 1.07.79
If Aura works correctly, it ...
Take a few weeks to check if it's OK.
If so, forget about the Armory.
If that doesn't work, sell Asus and buy MSI, Asrock, and even better Aorus, it will probably be even more damaging to your well-being. (Before you do this, read my guide from my previous post - link you know)
I had three generations of Rampage. Each time the AI ​​Suite worked for several days. Asus Aura a little longer. Now it turns out that on clean Windows 10/actualized to1909 Ai Suite it already works two months properly and Asus Aura also for me. The next three Windows updates (including 02.2020) did not harm me. At the moment I have the first Asus motherboard in my life that WORKS CORRECTLY (it costs as much as nothing - € 730). I'm afraid to be afraid how long it will be OK. (Changing the bios to a newer version is currently causing for me a catastrophe - everything stops working properly) Armory Crate is still a beta version and it doesn't work properly for me, maybe the next generation of Rampage will be better served. At the moment, most say it is ArmouryCrate = disaster. Just review the forum entries in the ASUS software section. Why do you row against the tide? I do not understand you. The problem should be bypassed, not fought. It's simpler. Problems with Armoury Crate software are a matter of great Asus programmers - not your problem. Asus motherboards are works of art, their Programmers should be dismissed... It is a pity that Abit developers are already retired. 😉 (Or maybe they over there are gone?) I am not going to interrupt you with the use of Armory Crate, if you want... One thing I know, if the motherboard has RGB, it is supposed to work RGB. We finally paid for it. I understand your pissed off.
Blessed are those who have not seen ... And now they see.

Zbigniew wrote:
(Yes, disable ArmouryCrate) I will not make a decision for you.
(It's not the same motherboard as mine)
How you can't have what you like ... (Armory - ANi7TH)
You like what works (Aura for me)
According to Caseking.de (and I verified on my Asus Encore) ... Of course, it will not necessarily work with Asus ROG Strix Z390-E. If you want and you have time, just check and write.
1.Clear CMOS.
2. Disable in the BIOS settings - Armory Crate
3. Install Windows 10
4. Install Asus Aura - ver. 1.07.79
If Aura works correctly, it ...
Take a few weeks to check if it's OK.
If so, forget about the Armory.
If that doesn't work, sell Asus and buy MSI, Asrock, and even better Aorus, it will probably be even more damaging to your well-being. (Before you do this, read my guide from my previous post - link you know)
I had three generations of Rampage. Each time the AI ​​Suite worked for several days. Asus Aura a little longer. Now it turns out that on clean Windows 10/actualized to1909 Ai Suite it already works two months properly and Asus Aura also for me. The next three Windows updates (including 02.2020) did not harm me. At the moment I have the first Asus motherboard in my life that WORKS CORRECTLY (it costs as much as nothing - € 730). I'm afraid to be afraid how long it will be OK. (Changing the bios to a newer version is currently causing for me a catastrophe - everything stops working properly) Armory Crate is still a beta version and it doesn't work properly for me, maybe the next generation of Rampage will be better served. At the moment, most say it is ArmouryCrate = disaster. Just review the forum entries in the ASUS software section. Why do you row against the tide? I do not understand you. The problem should be bypassed, not fought. It's simpler. Problems with Armoury Crate software are a matter of great Asus programmers - not your problem. Asus motherboards are works of art, their Programmers should be dismissed... It is a pity that Abit developers are already retired. 😉 (Or maybe they over there are gone?) I am not going to interrupt you with the use of Armory Crate, if you want... One thing I know, if the motherboard has RGB, it is supposed to work RGB. We finally paid for it. I understand your pissed off.

It didn't f*ckin worked, i'll lose my mind. That's damn third or fifth... problem i had since i returned the Z370-F board. How could i be such an idiot like that? Everything was fine until i conflicted the damn lighting softwares.

I did what you suggested above step by step without any less. Cleared CMOS successfully, disabled Armoury Crate installation from BIOS, formatted the hdd for the clear setup of windows 10. Installed Windows 10 clearly and made it's updates. Only installed Aura 1.07.79, restarted system and still effects doesn't works properly, the one led of argb fan acting like crazy. Even sync options are enabled, they doesn't synchronize at all.

What could cause this? I need to check ARGB fans first, if they works. The only issue is probably the motherboard that ARGB/RGB functions doesn't work properly. What should i do now? i don't know. i closed the Aura because i don't want to harm lighting stuff. It made me paranoid, sh*t...

Any suggestion?