cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG VI Extreme Encore VROC Key Intel Product Warranty & Support Issues

Jahmen
Level 7
Because the ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore x299 Motherboard requires the VROC HD key Module for RAID on CPU Setups.

3/5/2020 INTEL UPDATE: In a recent Reply; the VROC HW key requires No driver & software
The Intel VROC key is an "add-on" product, does not require a driver or software, the technology does require the drive by Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) boards.
FROM INTEL: The VROC key is an add-on device, so there is no direct support for the key itself, but we do provide support for the technology Intel VROC.

The VROC Hardware Key is required by the x299 OEM board for us to use the VROC Technology for those RAID configurations it makes possible.
And the Intel VROC Hardware Key is now an "Add-On" device not supported by Intel, but Intel supports the VROC Technology.
How can Intel Support the VROC Technology, without supporting the HD Key that allow us to use that Technology?
No Intel VROC HW key, No VROC Technology. They both work hand in hand. You can't have one without the other.

INTERESTING INTEL: If the VROC HW Key needs no driver & software, why did Intel Support send us what I shared in this Post?

It may interest some to know that not all VROC HD Key modules are the same: VROCISSDMOD INTEL(R) Virtual RAID on CPU – Intel SSD Only
There are 3 VROC HD Keys with a variation to what RAIDS each will support on a X299 board.

INTEL Online Warranty & Product Support
When I got the 1st VROC HD Key from Amazon, I tried to check the Warranty and Product Support using the Product Key Serial Number, It didn't work.
X Your Product could not be located.

I contacted Amazon Support about the Intel VROC HD Key I'd purchased from them to report that Intel Online Support and Warranty failed to recognize the keys serial number.
They send me a replacement Key in like 3 days.
While talking to Intel Support, it occurred to me that maybe what looked like a #1 was maybe instead a capital I in the serial number.
I retried my first Amazon Key with I instead of 1. Nope still didn't work!

When I got the 2nd Amazon replacement key, I tried the new key & Serial Number.

In the Intel Online: Check your warranty coverage screen;
Product Type: {Other Intel Product}
In the next screen over, Serial Number: {QSVC729I0***} using letter I and not 1
In the next screen, Stocking ID/Part#: {J55733- 100} Using Version#.
CLICK on the [Check Product] button
A new screen comes up showing me,
Serial Number: QSVC729I0***I
Stocking ID/Part#: J55733- 100
Estimated Warranty Expiration: April 28,2025

At the bottom of the Warranty screen: [Request Support for selected Product] Button
CLICK the button:
and that takes us to Request Support screen 3 steps.
So, I try to use the Request Support (Figuring to use it to navigate to the key's Download drivers & software)
What Product or service do you need support for?
1. I need help with:
2. How would you like to find your product or service?
3. Identify your product: It uses the same Product Type: Serial Number: & Stocking ID/Part #: screens the same as the one in the Warranty.

How can the INTEL Online Warranty screen validate my product serial number and give me the Estimated Warranty Expiration: April 28, 2025 and then when I on click the link button to the [Request support for selected product] the Warranty link screen carries over my Product Key information into the 3. Identify your product screens. Same as the Warranty Screens.

So, then when I Click the [Check Product] button
X Product not found. Check the information you provided and try again, or create a support request for help identifying this product.

Both have and use the same product information screens. Warranty see's my key and Product Support does not. Why?

Yes, wanting to know why I fill out the Intel support request ticket. Maybe they will answer and I can find out only because I am trying to make certain that my VROC HD Key is a genuine working Intel product. Not some bootlegged fake that won't work!
Go do crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here!
1 REPLY 1

Jahmen
Level 7
ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore x299 Motherboard: Supplemental Information

UPDATE: INTEL Recent Reply; the VROC HW key requires No driver & software
The Intel VROC key is an "add-on" product, does not require a driver or software, the technology does require the drive bu for Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) boards.

INTERESTING INTEL: If the VROC HW Key needs no driver & software, why did Intel Support send us what I shared in this Post?

Here are the Intel Support steps for the VROC HD key Module drivers & software.

If you followed the ASUS guide and then you were able to install Windows 10* on the RAID 10 you are good to go.

If you were not able to see the RAID array during the Windows 10* installation process, you can use the driver below:

Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) and Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise (Intel® RSTe) Driver for Windows*

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29246/Intel-Virtual-RAID-on-CPU-Intel-VROC-and-Intel-Rapid...

It doesn't say it supports Windows 10* but it does.

Once you downloaded the file, extract it and follow this path to find the driver to be used: SW_Packages> F6-drivers> VROC_6.2.0.1239_F6-drivers> iaVROC.free.win8.64bit.6.2.0.1234> iaVROC.sys

Those are the names of the folders you have to open, notice you have to use a separate USB flash drive to copy the iaVROC.sys file, during the Windows 10* installation, you click on load drivers, navigate to this file and load it.

Be aware that if your system did see the RAID 10 array during the installation, everything is ok, you do not need to install Intel(R) VROC Software.

NOTE: What I think he means, is if when installing Windows you can see the RAID Disk array you created in the BIOS steps before booting into the Win1o installation: Using Custom/ Advanced for the install of WIN 10, then you install the driver step onto it.
If you don't see the RAID array to install Win10 you need to use the software. My best guess interpretation.
Anyone who truly get this, please feel free to better clarify.
Go do crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here!